SFZ VST FILES

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

fredfish

Re: SFZ VST FILES

Post by fredfish »

Hi Geoff

the player can only have one instrument loaded at a time. SO if you want more than on instrument you will need to load multiple instances of the player - EG one for piano, another for Harp etc.

The fact that I am using a 64 bit version should be irrelevant.

The icon on the files in the video are actually notepad icons. The raw .sfz files are actually just text files!

Cheers

John
geobee

Post by geobee »

Thanks again John, I see clearly now, started to think that was the way it is too. Bit of a pain for the sake of a couple of decent vst's, but I guess when recording, it would be workable, just surfing through the sounds is a bit tedious. Geoff
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Hi Geoff

there is a free .vst that will allow you different sounds on different channels within the same instance of the player. It is called TX16Wx. Be aware it is a little more tricky / confusing to work with but you might want to have a look.

http://www.tx16wx.com/

Cheers

John
geobee

Post by geobee »

Thanks John, worked around the problem by saving the instrument preset that I set up, even though they are using Sforznando, I can have several presets programmed and they just load up the same as any of the other VST's. I don't have to even open Sforznando to play them, they open it from the presets. I only really use a couple of those SFZ files anyway, so it all works well now. Regards. Geoff