Can't Import my Loop Library ..WHY?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Lunar_Larry

Can't Import my Loop Library ..WHY?

Post by Lunar_Larry »

Hello just purchased Mixcraft 7. I have been a sony acid user for years and have a huge LOOPS collection. I was using the import loops feature and it always says 0 sounds imported. why is this?
Manfred

Re: Can't Import my Loop Library ..WHY?

Post by Manfred »

I too had troubles regarding issue this some time ago.
For some strange reason known only to the developers, Mixcraft obviously doesn't allow storage of imported sounds in its own existing libraries.
If you accept Mixcraft's suggestion of "Import to "Imported" library" in the Import-Dialogue and you make the right adjustments (choose the type of audio, select the maximum length etc.) you'll get your sounds imported. Don't forget to name your own "Default Song Kits", because that's where you can find the imported Sounds under the newly created "Imported" library.
It would be wise to choose "Copy sounds to library folder", because if you don't choose this, only the paths will be stored. If you change your system, the paths may change, Mixcraft can't find the sounds and all work was in vain.If you choose it, the sounds will be physically copied to your harddrive (using up space of course).
I hope this helps.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I agree with Manfred - but to add you can put your loops into folders with names of your choosing.

Here is a short video of the process.

https://youtu.be/L06kMzKvDY4

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

John
Lunar_Larry

Post by Lunar_Larry »

Manfred wrote:I too had troubles regarding issue this some time ago.
For some strange reason known only to the developers, Mixcraft obviously doesn't allow storage of imported sounds in its own existing libraries.
If you accept Mixcraft's suggestion of "Import to "Imported" library" in the Import-Dialogue and you make the right adjustments (choose the type of audio, select the maximum length etc.) you'll get your sounds imported. Don't forget to name your own "Default Song Kits", because that's where you can find the imported Sounds under the newly created "Imported" library.
It would be wise to choose "Copy sounds to library folder", because if you don't choose this, only the paths will be stored. If you change your system, the paths may change, Mixcraft can't find the sounds and all work was in vain.If you choose it, the sounds will be physically copied to your harddrive (using up space of course).
I hope this helps.

im sorry this still leaves me confused... are you saying it is not possible. I do use the import to imported option but it does not let me add anything ...even when I go to my loop library "choose folder" in setting.. it will not let me even change that. I do have my Mixcraft loop library set to my folder "my songs" and inside my songs library is a folder of the loops i want to import... but no success
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You sent in a support ticket and we replied. Did you get our email? If not, check your spam folder.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

The Video shows it all. Make sure you have the filetypes marked! I just tested it with a few wav-files and it worked perfectly.
The one thing that will not function is: you should not type in the name of an exisiting, Mixcraft-own library.
You must choose an new name that does not crop up in the libraries that come with mixcraft, or just leave the "Imported" name. The guy in the video had a new, non-Mixcraft library created already. I think Mixcraft kind of protects its own folders somehow.
Maybe you should try to put your sounds outside the mixcraft library folder, maybe this too is part of the protection.
I reported the issue as a bug some time ago, because this nowhere documented, but nothing happened. At least I didn't hear about it...
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Manfred wrote:The guy in the video had a new, non-Mixcraft library created already. I think Mixcraft kind of protects its own folders somehow.
Manfred you are right I already had a folder called Groove Criminals - I included some of the other instructions as a direct result of your first post - thank you.

Cheers

John