Plugin's don't show

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigalrocks65

Plugin's don't show

Post by bigalrocks65 »

Hello, my collection of plug-ins will not show in the FX window or the "manage plug-in" window in preferences. I have all the plugs in the correct folders and listed in the manage vst/vsti folders. Starting MC shows the system initializing the plugs but they don't show up in the FX window. A rescan does exactly the same thing. All the plugs are in the correct folders. My laptop mirrors my desktop(no issues) so I am not seeing any discrepancies. MC plugs are there. Thx for any help.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Plugin's don't show

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you running 64-bit Mixcraft or 32-bit Mixcraft?

Which plugins are these, exactly?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

If you click on "Manage Plug-ins" in the file menu do all the plug-ins have check marks next to them?
bigalrocks65

Post by bigalrocks65 »

MC7 64 bit. Waves plugs which I've had for a while. All are fine on my desktop(also MC7). Again during MC launch you can see MC initializing all the plugs before setup window(new project, choose project, track choice, etc.) But plugs are not listed. Why would they initialize but not load into manage plugin section of preferences?
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

bigalrocks65 wrote:MC7 64 bit. Waves plugs which I've had for a while. All are fine on my desktop(also MC7).
I think they'll only work on one machine at a time, you have to go to Waves Central, move them to the cloud then open them on your laptop.

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I am pretty certain that is correct. When you install and register Waves products, they are associated to the specific machine, so copying them to another machine may cause the problem you are experiencing. Havent ever tried it, so I cant be certain.
I would try reinstalling/re-registering the Waves products on the second machine, but I am also not sure about any limitations they put on licenses for multiple installs either.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »