Melodyne HELP

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sir Sparky

Melodyne HELP

Post by Sir Sparky »

Hi all , have a small problem hope somebody can help.

I am using Mixcraft pro studio, works great :) I have decided to download the 30 day trial of Melodyne ( not that I can afford the full version but the essential may be Worth it 99$ )
It installed great , use it as a plugin , works great ... except !!!!
when you use Melodyne it creats its own track from the original track , I can edit great in Melodyne , and even hear the original track in Mixcraft , so here is my question HOW do you get the edited version of the track from Melodyne to Mixcraft , either as a new track or replacing the old track , I have been scratching my head so much on this loosing my hair on one side LOL

Hope someone can help out would be well appreciated.

Sir Sparky
Mixcraft 7 Pro - Roland Octa-Capture - Rokit8 speakers and sub -DigiTech VocalistVR - Behringer MDX2200 composer pro - Roland U-220 - M audio keystation - Boss GT-3 - Boss GT-6B
Lots of luck and good friends :D
Ianpb

Re: Melodyne HELP

Post by Ianpb »

I've not used Melodyne for a while, but I used to just drag or load its file into a new audio track in Mixcraft. I usually found that the timeline at this point was way out (the track was always shorter and more condensed) so I would merely adjust the length of the clip with with Mixcraft's 'Time stretch' feature until it was about right. I'd then trim the stretch until it was spot-on by moving the track next to a midi rhythm track (such as snare or kick drum) and adjust the stretch by small increments until it lined up correctly.

It's also a good idea to keep Melodyne open during this process so that if you hear a note that you've incorrectly adjusted, you can go back into it, make the re-adjustment and then save. If you then save, close and re-open the project file in Mixcraft, it will include the adjustment you've made and still be at the correct length.

Incidentally, if you use Melodyne for vocals, don't make the change from one note to another too steep, otherwise you will lose its natural sound and give it that fake 'T-Pain' effect - unless that was what you wanted. There is always a subtle sliding effect when the voice moves from one note to the next. It took me a while to figure this out when I first used it.
Last edited by Ianpb on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

Thanks for the reply , no not using it for the Tpain effect , just subtle changes and timing maybe ,

Your procedure sounds very painfull , has to be a better way , would be easier just to do retakes until it is right.
Thanks for your input , will give it a try :D

Oh well I will keep plugging away sooner or later I will find it ,
LOL hopefully before the 30 day trial ends
Mixcraft 7 Pro - Roland Octa-Capture - Rokit8 speakers and sub -DigiTech VocalistVR - Behringer MDX2200 composer pro - Roland U-220 - M audio keystation - Boss GT-3 - Boss GT-6B
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

It may be worth you trying my method. Once you've done it two or three times, it will seem far less daunting. However, someone else may chirp in with a different method that suits you better.
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

Oh I am deffinetly going to try your method , it is way better then mine , because I haven't even manage to copy from Melodyne :(
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

I use Mixcraft 7 and Melodyne. Once I'm finished editing in Melodyne 2.1.1 and I save the preset.

All the changes can be heard on the audio track as long as it has the plugin and preset set in effects.
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

Thanks Vizion will give it a try :)
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

Ok your method works Vizion, I did a drastic change to hear the difference between Melodyne and my original track ,
But I always hear the 2 tracks playing Melodyne and original , how do I get the Melodyne track to a separate track in Mixcraft so I can delete the original ?

LOL going to have no hair left by the time I figure it out :(
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

I can't help you there. Your Melodyne is updated 2 versions beyond mine. Hopefully Acoustica Greg or Mark Bliss can help you.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Sorry, I have been following along in hopes of learning tips I might use when I get the chance to explore Melodyne, but I have yet to ever mess with it at all.
But I am pretty certain I will in the near future. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

Ok so I went into a project with Melodyne and I understand what you mean. The audio file plays with the effect on it but it still shows the original wav file.

In another thread, Greg suggested soloing that audio, mixing it down, then loading it back into the project. It keeps the changes made in Melodyne. I tried it and it works.

Melodyne recommends going to the the location of the Transfer file by going to Settings> File Manager within the plugin then loading the audio back into the project.

I hope this helps before Mixcraft 8 is rolled out and these type of issues are addressed.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19380&p=92822&hilit=melodyne#p92822
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

Hi Vizion and Mark ,
Yes I managed to do what Greg suggested , soloing the track down to an mp3 , loaded it into Melodyne stand alone did my changes and saved , opened up Mixcraft and did a sound add , it works without loosing your original track .
In another thread, Greg suggested soloing that audio, mixing it down, then loading it back into the project. It keeps the changes made in Melodyne. I tried it and it works.
Now just working on the plugin version , but while doing that found another little problem with mixcraft ,for a later subject :)

I will keep you posted on how it works ( I have stopped pulling out my hair , none left ) :lol:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I would suggest NOT using MP3 for the format if you intend to re-import an audio file.
Even if the quality is good enough, you are likely to incite timing/synch issues that will give you more headaches (or episodes of hair loss.) 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

LOL, ok , it was just a test , I presume wave format would be better, unless you suggest another format?

But I am determined to get the plugin working without anymore loss of hair :)
Sir Sparky

Post by Sir Sparky »

Ok got the plugin to work , here is how
1-Load Melodyne plugin as first effect on your track ,
2-remove all other effects ,
3-edit your audio in Melodyne
4- Mix to new audio track with original track muted
5- Play back will be a bit distorted (mixcraft glitz a presume )
6- Save your song then reload the song into Mixcraft and audio is no longer distorted.
7- add your effects and voila done

9- go get rogain to grow your hair back :lol: