m audio fast track recording problem with mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

The guitar is recording however its not recording very loud...the sound is faint...Im not sure how to increase the signal when recording with mixcraft...tried increasing volume however that didnt do anything.

Any help would be great...thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What version of Mixcraft are you using? What volume control did you try increasing?

Greg
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Im using mixcraft 3

The volume I changed was the set volume on the track...you right click on track and you can change the %.

I eventually changed it back to 100%
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

There are two settings on the 1/4" "Line In" on the back of your M Audio device. Did you try both?
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Yeah i tried both settings...for some reason im getting a weak signal...fast track is recording but i can barely hear it when recoring a track in mixcraft.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Just searching for an answer to the problem.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... 1874d6f577

At the bottom of the page they say

"level controls in your signal path are set to correct/nominal levels"

I have no idea if the level controls are set to a correct level...how do I check?.

Im beginning to dislike this Fast Track interface..I may have to get a different one...not even sure this thing has a preamp or not.
Daltonx

Post by Daltonx »

I'm just about to buy this M-Audio Fastrack box... so I'd like to know if it's gonna be compatable with Mixcraft before I splash out any money on it... as for it being a 'pre-amp' it's classed as an external sound card as far as I know. Any advice on whether I should go ahead and get this would be much appreciated :?:
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Hmmm...maybe I need to buy a preamp to go with the Fast Track USB

Im not sure i would buy an m audio interface...seems im not the only one with this problem however it could just be me and not knowing what to do exactly...also it wasnt the easiest thing to install...I tried installing Driver like 6 times from software CD and it didnt work...so I went on the m audio site and they had the updated drivers so it all worked out in the end.

I have the m audio fast track USB...im not sure how good the fast track pro is.

I hear good things about line 6 toneport interface...I might end up buying one of them.

alot of people on other forums seem to like line 6 product

Line 6 toneport...they have different types depending on what you need.

http://line6.com/toneport/
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Kind of veering off here but I just upgraded to M Audio Fast track Pro, yesterday. Has "Phantom", "Pad" & pre-amps.
M Audio works fine with "Mixcraft" for me but the retailer warns that all brands will create compatibility issues for some PCs.
Only one way to find that out.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Yeah Im sure the fast track pro is much better seeing it has a built in preamp...I guess "Phantom" is used for condenser mics isnt it?...not sure what else its used for.
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Most condenser mics require phantom power and many have battery power as well. A low battery in your pick-up will also reduce your volume, by the way but I'm not sure that you are using an acoustic guitar. Right?
I was up until 03:00 hrs. on Sunday, trying to install Alesis. I took it back to the store and got the Fast Track Pro. I'll give the Fast Track 2 to my accompanist who can now add his tracks to my projects, at his convenience.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Here's M-Audio's support page entry on low volume levels.