Mixcraft 7.5 hissing/buzzing sound coming from software

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Volumes

Mixcraft 7.5 hissing/buzzing sound coming from software

Post by Volumes »

Hi everyone. I am having a slight problem. I keep hearing a hissing sound whenever I play through my recording. I have 34 audio tracks I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I know 100% for sure this isn't coming from my vocal recordings or anything on my end, it's for sure the program itself. If anyone has any experience or advice for this please help :( :( :( Thank you!!!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 7.5 hissing/buzzing sound coming from software

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using any third-party plugins in your project? Sometimes a plugin that has a free trial will add random noise.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Volumes

Post by Volumes »

No sir.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Is the hissing / buzzing constant or intermittent?

Have you tried soloing each track in turn to identify if it is limited to an individual track?
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Do you have any plugins with 'Analog' setting activated? This feature is often created by software developers to emulate the noise experienced on original hardware units. I experienced such a problem myself before discovering the cause. I always ensure it's switched off on every plugin that has it.
Volumes

Post by Volumes »

I have soloed each track it is coming from the program itself. I will stop all of the music and it still does it but then will stop momentarily. I am using all effects that come with the software.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well, without hearing it and knowing a LOT more details, its a guessing game at best.

Just because soloing the tracks doesnt reveal or give clues to the source doesnt mean its the software. And logic dictates that if it was a problem with the software, others would be reporting similar problems.

My first guess would be a gain stage setting issue or soundcard/interface issue, as the description sounds a bit like what happens when you drive an inexpensive preamp too hard or something similar.

But again, given the vagaries and unknowns, I can only make wild guesses.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

You need to carry out a process of elimination.

Start by opening a new project, with nothing loaded is the noise still there?
Stay with the new empty project and from the library drag a loop onto an audio track. if no noise is still there you need to look again at the offending noisy project.

If the noise is still there with a new project you need to check all cables and connections, you didn't say if you are using an external amp, audio interface, mixer, or whatever.
Check for poor earthing of equipment.
Other electrical stuff in the home can filter earth loops through, nearby fluorescent lights have a transformer and choke, transformers can cause buzzing.
Try a different electrical outlet.
As Mark says, its useful to know what stuff you are using.