Clicks in Exported WAV File

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Slimy

Clicks in Exported WAV File

Post by Slimy »

https://soundcloud.com/slimy-4/lonely-i ... or-y-remix

If you listen closely to the song above, there are very quiet clicks at 2:58, 3:03, 3:17, 3:22, 6:05, 6:07, 6:11, and 6:27. Every wav file I export consistently has these clicks in the same place. (I haven't heard any clicks during playback.) If anyone wants a wav to listen more carefully, I can provide one.

Currently using Mixcraft 7.7 Build 316 on 64-bit Windows 7.

Usually this sort of thing happens to me because of sloppy volume transitions, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't see anything at all that could be causing this.
Last edited by Slimy on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aj113

Re: Clicks in Exported WAV File

Post by aj113 »

Not there for me.

"We can’t find that track. Did you try to access a private track while not being signed in?
Maybe the track has been removed."
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Slimy wrote:https://soundcloud.com/slimy-4/lonely-i ... or-y-remix
Hi Slimy

When you post a link on the forum - first click on the "URL" button as shown here
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (70.06 KiB) Viewed 7466 times
And then put the link inside of the tags - otherwise the link can (and most often is) truncated.

Cheers

John
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

It's here: https://soundcloud.com/slimy-4/lonely-i ... or-y-remix

This one could have easily competed with the 'Blue Danube Waltz' in 2001: A Space Odyssey

BTW I didn't hear any clicks...

-h
chibear

Post by chibear »

Nice work! I did hear a few minor clicks <> 6:29 and a bit after. Almost sounded like dust on an LP. Very authentic 8)
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Thanks!
AHornsby wrote:BTW I didn't hear any clicks...
They're admittedly very subtle. Try listening for the one at 3:17, I think it's more audible. Bizarrely, it seems to only be coming from the left speaker?

Unless someone can suggest some new settings to try, I'm going to attempt to export again after mixing down all the tracks first. At the very least that will tell me if this is an issue with a track, or Mixcraft/my CPU. If nothing works, I know someone who says they can use Cool Edit Pro to edit out the clicks without adding distortion.
mick

Post by mick »

Impressive! :D

I recorded the parts that are supposed to have clicks and put them in an editor but the waveforms look clean with no visual evidence of a click anywhere even when zooming right down to 1 sample. I cannot hear any clicks at all, I tried EQ'ing to focus on certain frequencies but still no clicks.

You can edit clicks yourself, this vid may help.
https://youtu.be/ygQUDUBHJyQ
aj113

Post by aj113 »

I didn't hear any clicks where you mentioned, but I did hear them at 6:40 and 6:43, as you say, on the left, and as chibear says, like an LP.

If it always happens, and always in the same place, then I don't have an answer. I've never come across it before, but if it's not audible during project playback, then it's clearly something to do with the export process, so I would try to discover the problem through a process of elimination.

I'd be looking at sample rates and bit depth for starters, then I'd try MC 32 bit. If you're using any 32 bit plugins in MC 64 bit that could well be an issue.

If neither of those reveals anything, I'd try a real time bounce. Not technically available in MC but I'm sure you can figure out a way of doing it. Not sure what a real time bounce would prove but in a situation like this you've got to switch things up and make things happen - as Mr Twain says, if you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You could try mixing down to a wav file that has the same sample rate as the one you're using in Mixcraft's sound device preferences. For example, if you're using a sample rate of 48000 Hz, try mixing down to a wav file with a sample rate of 48000 Hz.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101