Mixcraft 7 And Windows 10, new crash ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

WhiRz

Mixcraft 7 And Windows 10, new crash ?

Post by WhiRz »

Hello everybody,

I think I've got a problem with Mixcraft 7 on my Windows 10 PC.

Here is a brief description of my PC :

Windows 10 64 bits.
Intel Core i7 3.6 Ghz and go to 4 Ghz.
16 Go RAM.
500 Mo SSD + 1 To external disc.

So it's a pretty strong setup. I've chose this one for audio, to be able to mix well without problems.

But I think Mixcraft makes crash my PC.

I've Mixcraft 7 64 and Mixcraft 7 32 bits.

I use Mixcraft 7 64bits for mixing and recording, I only use the 32 bits version to re-open old project from my old computer with old 32bits plugins.

I've receive this error message :

"An exception have occured.
An exception has occured in C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 7 32 bits\sndengine.dll at 0x001D88D6 and the software can now not function correctly.
Please save your work and restart.
If this problem persist, be sure that you got the latest software's version."

Sorry it was translate from french to english.

Mixcraft sometimes crash in a middle of a sound mixing. I happens a lot with Micraft 32 bits.
And Mixcraft 64 bits is not crashing but rather bugging, lagging or freezing for few seconds. Even if my CPU use is very low and the computer can work normally next to that.
And today, just launching Mixcraft 7 32 bits crated a blue error screen : "You've encountered a problem and now Windows has to restart". And it's now impossible to launch Mixcraft 7 32 bits...

I've followed the things to optimize my Computer for audio and for Mixcraft.

So if anyone have an idea, normally I can fix my crash alone but this one is strange.

Thank you in advance !
JonInc

Re: Mixcraft 7 And Windows 10, new crash ?

Post by JonInc »

This may be obvious, but make sure all of your drivers and other software (especially Mixcraft) are up to date.

Apart from that, I suspect someone from Mixcraft may need to see a logfile from you to get to the bottom of this.
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

I've checked my driver from my soundcard and my graphic card and my mothercard too.

Yes good point I didn't think about the logfile, I don't know if a log file was registred. I hope so ! I will check it out !
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If there were actually mixcraft-crash files generated for this particular crash, you can send those in, otherwise, if it crashes again, quit Mixcraft immediately and send us the mixcraft-log file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Thank you Greg I will do that as soon as I will get to my computer ;) !

Cheers !
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Also, at the risk of being over simple, could it be a bad plugin? Some plugins have problems and don't play nice with some systems.

M
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

That's not impossible. Probably Mixcraft's Team will tell me more about it when I could send them the logfile or crashfile.

I will keep us updated here on this thread ;) !
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

I've haven't found any logtime or crash report.

Anyway a new strange thing occur :

- When I open a Mixcraft project (64 or 32bits) by clicking on it when it's on the desktop. Mixcraft crash the computer EVERYTIME at the end of the loading of the track. With a PAGEFAULT IN NON PAGED AREA blue scree. Everytime.
But if I open Mixcraft alone then I load the project from Mixcraft, it doesn't happen.

Thus, it's not an issue really. But Mixcraft already crashed during a recording, so I thought it could be an other indication that something's wrong here.
But I'm not blaming Mixcraft, I'm just sharing my problem in case where someone one day will have the same as me.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The next time you experience a crash, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Okay ! I know how to make crash my PC with Mixcraft, but I'm not sure I want to doing it again ^^"
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

WhiRz wrote:Okay ! I know how to make crash my PC with Mixcraft, but I'm not sure I want to doing it again ^^"
Hi,

How do you make it crash?

Greg
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Just opening a project on desktop by clicking on it.

I can only open a project if I open Mixcraft first, then I load the project.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, well, if you ever want to try to get to the bottom of the problem, send us the mixcraft-log.txt file right after you experience the crash and then quit Mixcraft.

Greg
Jayterr

Post by Jayterr »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

If there were actually mixcraft-crash files generated for this particular crash, you can send those in, otherwise, if it crashes again, quit Mixcraft immediately and send us the mixcraft-log file.

Greg
this doesn't help me because i just downloaded it and entered my registration code on the set up and yet i still go to open it and my computer still crashes i have also uninstalled and reinstalled several times so what can i do to get this fixed if its not possible i want my money back
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Send us your log file so that we can see what's going on. Mixcraft can crash for a variety of reasons: you might have some faulty third-party plugin or audio driver, your sound device preferences might be set wrong, you might be using an old build (if you have Mixcraft 7, be sure it's build 316), and there are other reasons as well. Looking at your log file gives us the information we need to advise you how to fix the problem.

Greg