Nektar LX88

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BanjoBob

Nektar LX88

Post by BanjoBob »

Hi All, just got the Nektar LX88 and I'm having quite the time figuring this thing out. Firstly, they offer a CVS file to put in the ProgramData/Acoustica/Mixcraft/control-surfaces folder that is supposed to set it up for Mixcraft and it does absolutely nothing, no slider, buttons or knobs will do anything.

So I spend an hour assigning all the sliders, buttons and knobs, then try to assign them to VST effects and instruments and those buttons still affect the mixer in the background, ie assign a knob to a slider in an instrument and it works, but it also still changes the pan in the underlying mixer. I thought maybe the buttons that say mixer and inst. are to switch between them, I press one of them and lose all the fader, button and knob assignments I made. They are still saved when I look at the control surfaces detail and all the assignments appear to be there, they just no longer work.

I know this question should really be for Nektar, but maybe someone knows, for instance, the buttons under the sliders, the first 2 have bank printed underneath them, like they have a dual purpose that maybe requires a shift key or something, of course the actual button labeled shift, does nothing. I have scoured the manual but cannot find an explanation as to how the buttons work. If I press any of the 8 buttons under the little display screen, I lose all the sliders, knobs and buttons that I have assigned.

I was so looking forward to have a control surface with this keyboard and am severely disappointed.

UPDATE: now it won't even MIDI learn anything. The keyboard works for playing music but the controls do nothing, even when I try to MIDI learn. They advertise that this thing will work with Mixcraft 7, what a shame.
JonInc

Re: Nektar LX88

Post by JonInc »

This may be obvious, but I assume you went to the manufacturer's website for the latest firmware/drivers...?
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Maybe a full reset then midi learn the whole thing. It could be a conflict of that program and MC, I'd try to reset and assign through MC. The knobs and sliders have cc #'s, like 1-10 so if you duplicate the # it'll do both functions. Keyboard should have software that you can change the numbers for each command. The bank feature is when you have more than 9 tracks, you press bank and the faders begin controling 9+ instead of 1-8.

M
mick

Post by mick »

Because of the astronomical number of control parameters involved for volume / pan / synth filters / instrument / and all else I use the mouse and only have the sliders set to the VB3 organ and the mod wheel to main volume.
Last edited by mick on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BanjoBob

Post by BanjoBob »

Thanks for the suggestions, I sent support message to Nektar. I'm afraid that I may have clicked something and turned something off. The manual is very limited in regards as to how the buttons work regarding the secondary headings under certain buttons. Estonian, do you hold the shift key down to make the bank buttons work?
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

I have a Nektar LX25. The support team made that control surfaces excel file for me. I think they downloaded a trial version of Mixcraft just to make the file so my transport controls worked. He shared it on the site hoping it would work for others.

http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... /KB.746/.f

Make sure you place the file is in the program data directory, the MIDI instrument is selected under Preferences>MIDI and make sure the Impact 25 is selected under Mix-> Control Surfaces.

Contact them. They're very helpful if things aren't working.
BanjoBob

Post by BanjoBob »

I found out I was pressing the mixer, instr and preset buttons, not realizing they are to be setup independently, so that problem is fixed and it wasn't a mixcraft problem. vizion, I have downloaded that file from Nektar and placed it in the proper folder and it does nothing. Not one slider, knob or button did anything in mixcraft using that file.