Importing songs as templates...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumandstage

Importing songs as templates...

Post by drumandstage »

I want to load up a bunch of songs off my iPhone to play around with as I work to get more proficient with guitar and bass (and am a long time drummer) and also to better learn Mixcraft.

Question 1) Is there a faster way to load them up other than as audio tracks in real time?

Queston 2) Also, is there a way to load up a song with an unknown tempo, and assign the tempo later without changing the tempo of the recorded material?

I want to spend a day loading up these songs and auto warp them so that I can move around between songs with the bass in hand, for example, and play around with recording different tracks. I don't want to get real bogged down with getting the songs into the system if not necessary.
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
drumandstage

Re: Importing songs as templates...

Post by drumandstage »

In the absence of a better plan, I have created a 68 song playlist on my iPhone and am going to open up a track and let it run and break them out afterward. Any suggestions on managing the second half of that would be appreciated. :)
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

I don't know if you're aware but Yamaha has a great iPhone app called Chord Tracker which will give you the chords and tempo of any song ... http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/apps/c ... ode=paging

... and it's free
:wink:
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

Tiasdad wrote:I don't know if you're aware but Yamaha has a great iPhone app called Chord Tracker which will give you the chords and tempo of any song ... http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/apps/c ... ode=paging

... and it's free
I had no idea, but I am about to Thank you!
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

You're very welcome .. they do a great midi synth too .. http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music- ... ynth_book/
Gary
My Soundcloud
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

Tiasdad wrote:I don't know if you're aware but Yamaha has a great iPhone app called Chord Tracker which will give you the chords and tempo of any song ... http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/apps/c ... ode=paging

... and it's free
I see where to change tempo, but I don't see where it tells you what the tempo is.
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

Sorry, my bad. I'm sure it did but I've just checked the app and I can't find it :(
Gary
My Soundcloud
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

Tiasdad wrote:Sorry, my bad. I'm sure it did but I've just checked the app and I can't find it :(
While that would have been an immense help in itself, the other features of the app are very beneficial to me, for sure. Thanks a million.
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

If you load an MP3 into a track. Review the sound tab for the file and it will show you the detected tempo.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind