Will Mixcraft determine song speed

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumandstage

Will Mixcraft determine song speed

Post by drumandstage »

Is it possible to load a song/track into Mixcraft and have it determine when the actual speed is?
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
Acoustica Greg

Re: Will Mixcraft determine song speed

Post by Acoustica Greg »

drumandstage wrote:Is it possible to load a song/track into Mixcraft and have it determine when the actual speed is?
Hi,

It depends. If a sound has tempo data stored in it (most don't), then Mixcraft will automatically read the tempo data. If the sound doesn't have tempo data, then Mixcraft will try to automatically detect the tempo. It can't always do that, because sometimes the beat is difficult or impossible to detect (or maybe there is no beat).

In a pinch, you could use a track marker to figure out the tempo:

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ecaggiani

Post by ecaggiani »

Another cool and useful feature I was unaware of! There's a lot to like in Mixcraft. Best investment I made for my home studio.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

drumandstage wrote:Is it possible to load a song/track into Mixcraft and have it determine when the actual speed is?
The above plus you can also tap out the tempo manually. Keep in mind though that most music won't have the same tempo throughout its entirety. -h
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

Thanks, guys!
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

Let me complicate this a little...

If the song/track (song in my case) is irregular in tempo can I select a consistent portion of it and get a tempo reading from the program, and then autowarp the tune to that tempo? For some reason, even being a drummer, tapping the beat on the mouse isn't very consistent.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

drumandstage wrote:For some reason, even being a drummer, tapping the beat on the mouse isn't very consistent.
Kind of humbling, ain't it? :)

I'm not too sure about what you are attempting but maybe this would help you out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8I8V2hHA3Q

-h
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

AHornsby wrote:
drumandstage wrote:For some reason, even being a drummer, tapping the beat on the mouse isn't very consistent.
Kind of humbling, ain't it? :)

I'm not too sure about what you are attempting but maybe this would help you out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8I8V2hHA3Q

-h
Very humbling!

That was very helpful, once I quit laughing at the Fisher Price tape machine. I love the sense of humor that guy has.

I still hope to find a way to select a portion of a track and find the native tempo automatically. I have 68 songs I am trying to autowarp!