New to Mixcraft Help an old guy out

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

Re: New to Mixcraft Help an old guy out

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well I think I never got back to that, but the tip was to that it is often better to leave tracks in mono until you get levels and EQ right and pan and create a stereo field afterward.

Later I'll have to look for this, and review where we were. I think the project might have gotten lost in a hard drive crash......... :x
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
BillW

Post by BillW »

Never saw this thread - looks like it has a lot of good stuff in it. Glad it got resurrected.

(I wonder if there is a way to create a "favorites" link in a profile - sort of a bookmark within the forum?)
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
D@n

Post by D@n »

Hi,
BillW wrote:(I wonder if there is a way to create a "favorites" link in a profile - sort of a bookmark within the forum?)
Bookmark.jpg
Bookmark.jpg (97.06 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
Managebkm.jpg
Managebkm.jpg (254.3 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
:wink:
I've eclectic tastes: Metal, Orchestral, Chillout, New Age and a bit of EDM

MC Pro Studio 8.1 B413 (64-bit)
W10 64-bit
i7 8700K 4.8 GHz
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i8
Yam HS7/ATH-m40fs/ATH-M50X/
Nektar Impact LX61+/YRG-1000
Rode NT1-A

Ibanez RGAIX6U
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

The Ultimate EQ Cheat Sheet for Every Common Instrument

http://blog.sonicbids.com/the-ultimate- ... instrument

^_^ v
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

This method of using the Envelopes to reduce by 50% the level of loops before mixing really works. I tried it on one of my noisy project and it's not as loud as when iZotope M.E. gives that extra boom and I don't have to deal with a limiter, but it's more "clear". I'm not saying that iZotope M.E. is a bad plugin(what do I know, I'm just beginning to understand the basics of mixing). What I'm saying is that for a beginner that only uses loops this method of reducing the level give you more room to makes mistakes without going over 0db or -1db for a mp3 format. Use a HP/LP filter to make space. Learning to EQ also makes your sound "cleaner". No panning without knowing the consequences. Making the instruments track mono >>(Quote)You ever see a stereo acoustic guitar?<< .
One instrument to rules them all :wink: , makes sense.
try starting out with turning the track levels down about 10 -12- dB as you import loops.
Mix with generous headroom at the master bus (I like to recommend about 5 to 6 dB) and skip the Mastering essentials.
The first things about mixing to learn and learn well. Relative levels (track to track, instrument to instrument, moment to moment.)

Go back and read that sentence again.
One more time.
Memorize it.

Special thanks to:
Mr. Bliss for taking time to make this tutorial.
Mr. Greg for making awesome video tutorials.
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=10807
And the rest for helping out when someone needs assistance.

How to EQ a mix
https://www.attackmagazine.com/techniqu ... to-eq-mix/
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Lets keep in mind that a few of the specific suggestions in this thread are aimed at arranging and mixing specifically with loops and may not (or do not) apply otherwise. While some apply more universally.
And this was intended as a fairly beginner oriented topic to get a novice started.

And Banzailoco, perhaps the links to tutorials and tips would be better posted in the tips and tricks portion of the forum. Posted here within a thread they will pretty quickly scroll away and be buried and hard to find.
I'd suggest starting a thread of your favorite tips here:
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=12
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page