Editing long non-musical tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumandstage

Editing long non-musical tracks

Post by drumandstage »

I do phone interviews of Sonor Drums artists. After the phonce call is done, I have upwards of 60 minutes to go back and edit.

Things I edit; me talking over the artist, the artist getting confused and restarting his answer, long awkward silence, a long section where we have gotten off topic and the content is inappropriate or irrelevant to the interview, etc.

There is probably a better way to edit than the very tedious method I am using. I don't think the tediousness can be avoided so much, but it is the zooming in and out to either zone in on a particular word, sound, or conversation that needs to go away, and then zoom out to the point to be able to drag it back top the end of the last part being kept.

Am I missing something? Is there a push of a button that will butt the edited portions up in sequence? If nothing THAT easy, is there something at least less time consuming than what I am doing now?

I hope I have clearly conveyed the operation I need to execute with better ease. Thanks in advance for your input.
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
AHornsby

Re: Editing long non-musical tracks

Post by AHornsby »

As I listen to the file, I use markers at all the places that need to be edited. Then I can go back to each marker in turn and do what needs to be done. -h
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

AHornsby wrote:As I listen to the file, I use markers at all the places that need to be edited. Then I can go back to each marker in turn and do what needs to be done. -h
After I go back and cut out a section and drag the audio clip down to connect with the last, nothing from there back is going to line up with the markers. Realigning the cut up pieces of sound is where my challenge is.
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

I believe something like that is best accomplished in your wav editor. In Audacity, use the Shift "A" and Cntrl 'B" to play the wave form stream and set the markers/labels on the fly. THEN go back and situate the form they way you like. -h

Mixcraft has markers but not in the detail screen... as far as I know. I think I even suggested adding that feature a while back.

-h