Question for Chibear or any other East West user

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clavguy

Question for Chibear or any other East West user

Post by clavguy »

Hey Clyde,

How you been?
I East West just came out with Play 5. Is it worth the download and install? If you remember one of the previous version upgrades was more of a problem then a fix.

Cheers
Pierre
chibear

Re: Question for Chibear or any other East West user

Post by chibear »

I've been watching the conversations in EWQL and other forums and think I'm going to wait for version 5.2 or 5.3 before I upgrade. Seems to be way too many unresolved issues at this point.

BTW same goes fore Kontakt 5.6. Many folks are downgrading to 5.2 or 5.3, which apparently s also not as simple as it sounds either.

I've got 2 projects on the burner that have been simmering for 3 yrs or more. I'm not taking any chances until they're out.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Thanks Clyde

I don't think I did any upgrade with my Kontakt 5 from the original... Should I sit and wait there too?

Cheers
Pierre
chibear

Post by chibear »

Away from my DAW right now. I'll see which version I'm using later. Whatever it is, it's been pretty well behaved

EDIT: I'm using v5.5.1.451 and it is pretty stable. FYI In the beginning when 5.1.x and 5.2.x would crash it would do so inside Mixcraft and all you would have to do is reload the VSTi. I'm pretty sure as of 5.3 a crash in Kontakt would take Mixcraft with it so I had to get into the habit of saving very often.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube