KTDrum Trigger

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Glaw

KTDrum Trigger

Post by Glaw »

Hello!

Has anyone used KTDrum Trigger with Mixcraft? I would love to know how to use a recorded (cheap and bad) snare track to trigger a midi, so I can use another sound from my Addictive Drums library. I downloaded this program but have no idea on how to use it.

Is there any other way or VST to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
Glaw

Re: KTDrum Trigger

Post by Glaw »

Ok, so I tried this in Cubase and as soon as I added this VST to a track, the other tracks had a new input channel (which is the output of the VST track). Looks like it doesn't work on Mixcraft. Too bad since I don't like Cubase.
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

I tried and It seem that KTDrum Trigger cannot send a midi output from the track.

Found this, Drumtrig sample replacer. The sample has to be in 16bit .WAV format, if not you get crash error.

http://www.hometracked.com/2007/07/26/d ... -replacer/
Last edited by banzailoco on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I am not familiar with KTDrum, but based on your description and the conversation, it sounds like it requires signal routing not available in Mixcraft 7.
Some use other software, but it should be mentioned that Mixcraft 8, (when released) will allow more of this kind of routing.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

Mark Bliss >>signal routing<< that's what KTDRUM TRIGGER needs for it to work. It's gonna be a nice feature.

Found another one, this one allows 4 samples of 16 or 24 bit WAV format.

Boxsounds Replacer
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=818
Glaw

Post by Glaw »

Thanks for the alternatives banzailoco! I'm gonna try them out.

And thank you Mark! Being a Mixcraft user for quite a while, is always great to hear (or read, in this case) these kind of updates! Always looking forward to them.

Also, I would like to share some knowledge for the community. I've been trying Drumagog 5 today and it works pretty good with Mixcraft 7 so far! For those of you who don't know what Drumagog 5 is: "Drumagog is a software plug-in which replaces acoustic drum tracks with your choice of other samples. But Drumagog also offers the “secret weapons” top mix engineers use to give hit records polish and power. It is this exclusive combination of replacement and enhancement tools that has made Drumagog the industry standard for more than a decade"

I haven't bought it yet, but the trial has no limitations, if you want to test it.