MIDI Controller - Real Time Playback Control

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cremley

MIDI Controller - Real Time Playback Control

Post by cremley »

OK. Flame me if you must. I just can't find the right thread. Yes, I am stoopid.

I just got an Akai MPK249. It has all the faders and knobs that transmit lots of CC info. I was wondering if I can assign the faders on the MIDI controller to the virtual faders on the display in Mixcraft.

I found out how to automate it and can adjust the volume/effect with the fader when overdubbing/recording.

Is there a way to have a CC operate the fader on the screen in real-time without recording? I want to use the faders on the MIDI controller to adjust the faders on the screen during playback. And since I went there...is there a way to assign Mute or Solo to use during playback?

Cheers !!!
Rolling Estonian

Re: MIDI Controller - Real Time Playback Control

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Click on the midi button in MC, then select midi learn, the parameters that you can assigned turn blue, you choose one, slide a slider (or turn knob) on your controller. When done click stop learning and you're done.

M
cremley

Post by cremley »

Wow.... I'm an idiot. I didn't have a setting correct on the MIDI controller to send that CC. It works exactly like you say.

Thank you !!!!

Cheers !!
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Glad you got it. Love/hate when you pull your hair out and then realize that it's something as simple as turning the power on! :mrgreen:

M