Waves v.9 Plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

joemac58

Waves v.9 Plugins

Post by joemac58 »

Is anyone having problems loading Waves plugins on MX7 I load them but they don't function not active is it my PC running Win10 or the DAW hope somebody can share light on this.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Waves v.9 Plugins

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I have a couple Waves plugins and use W10, no problems. Sometimes people have issues with Waves Central and having to move the plugs from the cloud and uploading to their computer.

M
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

If Waves Central seems to be working properly when installing/activating plugins, then usually the problem is Mixcraft doesn't know where your Waves VST file is located. See here:

http://www.waves.com/support/how-to-ins ... vst-folder

Add the appropriate path to your VST locations in Mixcraft preferences.
Rolling Estonian

When I had an issue last year with a waves plug, their customer service was very helpful and had me up and at 'em in no time.

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Huh, that's interesting. They always blew me off quickly with a "system/host not supported" reply. Maybe they took note of the scolding I gave for not even trying to be a little helpful. :lol:

I have run various Waves plugs in Mixcraft since v5, and currently use about a dozen Waves v9 plugs in Mixcraft 7 on Win10.
I would add to the above, don't move anything or you are guaranteed a headache due to the way Waves plugs install in their proprietary shell.

Install and use the latest Waves Central app to install and authorize the products you have purchased, following the instructions provided by Waves. Then open Mixcraft and run the "scan vst's" function.
If they still don't show up in your VST list (it happens, not just with Waves.) You may have to manually add the locations to Mixcraft.
My installation is routed to two locations: (Note, for 32 bit Mixcraft. Your setup and plug ins may vary from this.)
C:\program files (x86)\waves\
C:\program files (x86)\waves\plug-ins v9\
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Yeah, they said MC wasn't on their approved list but still got me going. Waves Central has gotten better, certainly not optimal, but I understand the hoops they make you jump through, even though I disagree with the process. Their plugs are overpriced and over hyped, IMHO of course.

M
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I had a similar problem. I could only get Waves to work when I installed it to all the default directories.

Did you remember to direct Mixcraft to find the directory where it's installed? By default, it's C:\Program Files(x86)\VST\ for the 64-bit version or C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins\ for 32-bit. For some reason I have both of those present on my computer, even though I'm using the 64-bit version. If you check the contents of whichever of those directories is relevant, you should find either of these two files:
Waveshell-VST 9.x.dll (for 32-bit), or
Waveshell-VST 9.x_x64.dll (for 64-bit).

For some reason, I find I also have a copy of the Waveshell file in my third party plugins directory. I may have left it there when I was trying to get Waves to work, or maybe that got it going, I can't remember. However, if all else fails you could try that too.