MELODYNE COMING IN NEW PRO STUDIO!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ajgi

MELODYNE COMING IN NEW PRO STUDIO!

Post by Ajgi »

Just got the email about Pro Studio Black Friday deals, and it stated some new features in the next version.
Here they are for anyone who doesn't follow the news letter:

"Among the new features and enhancements you will get in Mixcraft Pro Studio 8 (coming soon!) is the integration of Celemony Melodyne Essential pitch-correction (Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio exclusive), Omni Sampler 8 output version (Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio exclusive), effects sidechaining, mix down to stems, MIDI clock/sync transmission, full effects delay compensation on all tracks, performance panel live recording, VST3 plug-in support, MP4 video support, extensive UI/workflow enhancements, and much more."

Thankyou Acoustica :D
Ajgi.net
SoundCloud
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 Studio Monitors, Sennheiser HD280pro, Shure SM57,
Torton5

Re: MELODYNE COMING IN NEW PRO STUDIO!

Post by Torton5 »

Great, I was using this in Studio One!
logo15

Post by logo15 »

So the promo is "if you get mixcraft 7 pro you get mixcraft 8 proonce released" or just the normal?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

logo15 wrote:So the promo is "if you get mixcraft 7 pro you get mixcraft 8 proonce released" or just the normal?
Hi,

People who don't own Mixcraft can buy it from now until Monday for $99.95 and get Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for free when it is released.

And people who do own Mixcraft* can upgrade to Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 for only $49.95 until Monday and get Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for free when it is released.

Finally, people who already own Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 will be able to upgrade to Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for only $39 when it is released.
Black Friday promo
Black Friday promo
Black-Friday-Mixcraft-fb.jpg (212.2 KiB) Viewed 9949 times
Actually, anybody who buys or upgrades to Mixcraft 7 or Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 from this point on will get a free upgrade to Mixcraft 8 or Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio when it is released, even after Monday.

Greg

*Mixcraft Home Studio is not included in this promo.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:...Finally, people who already own Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 will be able to upgrade to Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for only $39 when it is released.
So basically, everybody except your faithful long term customers gets MC 8 Pro free.
AcusticUser60714

Post by AcusticUser60714 »

aj113 wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:...Finally, people who already own Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 will be able to upgrade to Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for only $39 when it is released.
So basically, everybody except your faithful long term customers gets MC 8 Pro free.
Whoaaa, No Follow-Up Reply On This One. Wonder Why?

We Agree with comment about Long Term Customers. Hell, we even helped Beta Test MC7, Reported Bugs, Made Suggestions For Additions And/or Improvements & STILL Did Not Receive MC7 Free When It Was Released. So Much For Loyalty Considerations (And We've Been Around Since The MC5 Days) Huh?? :( :roll:

And For That Fact We Would Have Been Happy If Acoustica Had Just Offered Us A Drastic Discount Purchase Price Of Say $10 If Not For Free (That Way Acoustica Would Have At Least Made A Little CC & We'd Have Been MOST Appreacative). 8) :idea:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. We do something similar for every major release. A bunch of our faithful longtime customers got Mixcraft 5 free when they bought Mixcraft 4 just before version 5 was released. Others got Mixcraft 7 free when they bought version 6 shortly before 7 was released.

We do this so that people who buy the old version right before the new version comes out won't feel shortchanged, and of course also so that people don't just stop buying the old version until the new one comes out.

And our existing Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 customers will be able to upgrade for $10 less than this Black Friday upgrade sales price.

Your upgrade fees give us the funds to continue developing and supporting Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Acoustica Greg wrote:people who already own Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 will be able to upgrade to Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for only $39 when it is released.
Fair enough.

-h
C# or Bb!
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

AcusticUser60714 wrote:
aj113 wrote:
Whoaaa, No Follow-Up Reply On This One. Wonder Why?
No need to follow up, the offer is more than reasonable and completely fair.
Its a good sale, on top of assurances that new purchases are protected from missing out on an approaching upgrade. Its as if they are purchasing the latest version pre-release.
And existing customers get a ridiculously good price on upgrading as the ALWAYS have.

No further explanation was necessary IMO.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Mark Bliss wrote:...Its as if they are purchasing the latest version pre-release.
Is it f*ck. It's as if they are purchasing MC 7 Pro (like I did) and getting MC 8 Pro free (like I can't).
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:...And our existing Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 customers will be able to upgrade for $10 less than this Black Friday upgrade sales price.
Semantics.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

aj113 wrote:
I would suspect they have a few boxed sets of 7 left and are just trying to get that inventory to a minimum...

The term 'free' is confusing but essentially, no one is getting ver 8 without letting go of some money.

-h
Torton5

Post by Torton5 »

Seems like a reasonable enough deal to me, just bringing in an upgrade and allowing new buyers of 7 to get 8 included in the price of 7 so they don't feel cheated, similar deal for those who upgrade to 7 from now on. Existing owners of 7 get the cheapest deal. More than happy to upgrade from 7 to 8 for $39.00, considering the new features that are added. Anyway, spare a thought for us in Australia, where it will cost $52.42 according to the currency converter :lol:

People moaning about this is laughable when you look at other DAW software and other software upgrade's. I was always slogged about $150.00 to $200.00 (US) ($200.00 - $270 Aus) for friggin upgrades. The company has to make some money or you end up with unhappy developers, then it all goes down hill from there. Well done Acoustica for cramming all this stuff into such a cheap price.
mick

Post by mick »

Post now removed.
Last edited by mick on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ajgi

Post by Ajgi »

mick wrote:As a midi user I have yet to find one solitary reason to jump from 7 to 8. In fact all I have had so far is grief trying to work out the new multi timbral routing and Acoustica appear to have no intention of posting a requested video, one image with a few arrows pointing here and there doesn't do, there are no other changes that I can see of any consequence and therefore have merrily kicked the 8 beta off the HDD and because of the frustration I've endured for nothing I have to say good riddance!
Really? The new version is going to be awesome. One of the main things for me is the new audio engine. The main downfall of mixcraft before for me was its audio engine. Everything processing-wise was so sluggish. Mixcraft 8 has improved that heaps.

Also, native sidechaining and routing, which are extremely useful.

And then of course, MELODYNE WOOOO
If you're not familiar with Melodyne, it is a modernised autotune. Extremely good tool for any vocals or other monophonic instruments.

But yeah, if you're just a midi user Melodyne won't be any use, however try experimenting with mixcraft under max load in 7 compared to 8.
Ajgi.net
SoundCloud
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 Studio Monitors, Sennheiser HD280pro, Shure SM57,