Loops?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kr236rk

Loops?

Post by kr236rk »

Hi,

How do you make a seamless loop in Mixcraft please?

Also, are there effect pedals out there which can do this - like if you want to make a guitar-based drone audio, without stops and starts?

Thanks,
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper
James Klutho

Re: Loops?

Post by James Klutho »

Record your guitar rhythm pattern to a specific drum beat (on a separate track - say 120 BPM). If you want a 2 bar loop, I would record 12 bars or so, giving lots to choose from. With all your effects in place (amplitube, maybe so EQ etc,) render the track to a wave. Open it in Audacity, copy the 2 best bars, normalize etc. and fade in the first millisecond and fadeout the last millisecond to ground it to zero. Export to mp3, ogg, or wave to your choosing and name the loop with key, BPM and some description. Then import that back into Mixcraft Loop library.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

For seamless loops, never use MP3 format, because the header information in the MP3 file will sometimes give you an interrupted loop. Wav format is best, or if you want a compressed format, use Ogg.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Thanks,

Are there any video tutorials please?

I made a loop using a Ditto stomp box but I'd like to be able to do the same in Mixcraft :)
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What part are you getting stuck on? How far do you get? Select the audio clip, then look at the sound tab. The sound tab has its own snap setting, so adjust that as necessary. Drag the loop start and loop end markers to get the sound to loop exactly where you want it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Thanks Greg,

I need to experiment with this.

Ric
Ric