How can i mix the song with Metronome?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

nitram44

How can i mix the song with Metronome?

Post by nitram44 »

Hi,

With my band we are going to the studio soon, so i have to record guitars part with metronome of our song for our drummer.
But when i'm done and when i want to mix the project to a .mp3 or .wav, the final song don't have the metronome but just the guitar. But i need to hear metronome on the final mix for our drummer? How can i do it please??
Anorax

Re: How can i mix the song with Metronome?

Post by Anorax »

You're using mixcraft 7, correct?
nitram44

Post by nitram44 »

nop , mixcraft 6
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

nitram44 wrote:nop , mixcraft 6
Hmm. That'll make things slightly more difficult.

Well, here's an obligatory sales pitch - if you upgrade to Mixcraft 7 soon (it's about $30 to go from 6 to 7), you'll get a free upgrade to Mixcraft 8 when it's released in the (very) near future.

I have a fairly easy solution for Mixcraft 7 (using the Omni Sampler), but I'll need to reinstall 6 and see what can be done there so I could give you an answer pertaining to what you're currently working with.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You could make a MIDI clip with wood block sounds on it and then loop it for the duration of the song.
click_track.mid
MIDI file
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 190 times
Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
nitram44

Post by nitram44 »

erf, thank for your answer but i just can't afford to buy it from now with all the money that i have to spend for studio X_X

dont know how im gonna do so..
nitram44

Post by nitram44 »

"Hi,

You could make a MIDI clip with wood block sounds on it and then loop it for the duration of the song."

that will sound like a metronome? How can i do that?? Please !!!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Here you go:
click_track.mid
MIDI click track
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 204 times
If you don't like the sound, just change the virtual instrument and/or position of the notes.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
nitram44

Post by nitram44 »

thank a lot <3
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

If your song has no tempo or time signature changes, you could drag "SquareTick-High.wav" and "SquareTick-Low.wav" from your install directory, put them on quarter notes plus one extra at the end, right-click and press "merge," then drag the loop end marker so that it loops just before the extra tick.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

nitram44 wrote:Hi,

With my band we are going to the studio soon, so i have to record guitars part with metronome of our song for our drummer.
But when i'm done and when i want to mix the project to a .mp3 or .wav, the final song don't have the metronome but just the guitar. But i need to hear metronome on the final mix for our drummer? How can i do it please??
You can record the guitars on the left track and the metronome on the right. -h
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

nitram44 wrote:erf, thank for your answer but i just can't afford to buy it from now with all the money that i have to spend for studio X_X

dont know how im gonna do so..
Why don't you just download the free trial of 7? -h
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

The first thing I would do is discuss with the drummer what he might prefer and what he feels suits his and the songs style. I have found many times that the drummer has a strong preference there.
I often prefer a click of either kick and snare, or rim/snare, roughly fitting the songs style as a starting point.

The next thing would depend on just what you intend to take into the studio. Multi tracks would be desired, which makes the click track just another track.
How to go about this exactly would rely on the format used on the studios DAW, so another conversation is in order there.
They will likely want wav files, which you can create and mix down from Mixcraft, but the discussion may include other details from levels to effects.
Personally if I were the producer, I would want both effected and dry, so as to hear your idea but have maximum options.

But in the end, getting back to your original question. The click track is the easiest part IMO.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page