tracks not matching...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

newlevel

tracks not matching...

Post by newlevel »

okay i switched from MP3 audio mixer to Mixcraft because of overdubbing problem using Vista and im having problems with my tracks being in sync in Mixcraft like posted in the FAQ.

I'm using a SigmaTel High Def. sound card with the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy codec and it works great and sounds great. I updated the drivers too. But tracks won't match up. What should I do? Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Your sound device has a certain amount of latency that you may not be able to overcome. You can try using ASIO4ALL and see if that helps.

The best solution if you're serious about recording with your PC is to get a better sound device.

The problem with integrated sound devices like Sigmatel or Realtek is that they are really part of cost-cutting measures taken by the PC manufacturers to keep prices low and they can be pretty slow. They often share chips with other integrated devices on the motherboard.

Greg
newlevel

Post by newlevel »

thanks greg for replying. The more i discover i can't do much of anything with Vista due to hardware things...the more i want to go to XP but i guess im stuck with my Vista.

the soundcard came with my Dell laptop but they didn't offer any better sound cards during the time of my purchase. but oh well...

btw, i downloaded ASIO4ALL program...can you help on what to do with it to get things working right? thanks!