When is Mixcraft 8 coming out?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Stevethesearcher

When is Mixcraft 8 coming out?

Post by Stevethesearcher »

Hi new member here.
I am a Reason and Sonar user. I love Reason but I have never really gelled with Sonar. It's a very good programme but I find it clunky to use. I don't like it's Piano Roll and it's Step Sequencer. Reason is great but no support for Vst plug ins so I can't use Addictive Drums, Ozone or any other VST plug in with it.

Therefore I am looking for a new DAW. I have had my eye on Mixcraft for a while. I like the GUI. The Piano Roll looks very user friendly and Step Sequencer looks great.

I am seriously thinking of buying Mixcraft but I want to buy it soon as I have finished a song in Reason but I need to move it over to a DAW with VST support. I don't want to continue using Sonar.

When is Mixcraft 8 coming out? I know I can buy Mixcraft 7 and get a free upgrade when Mixcraft 8 is released. However I want to see the full feature set of Mixcraft 8 before I buy.
Mark Bliss

Re: When is Mixcraft 8 coming out?

Post by Mark Bliss »

Strong reasons to expect a public roll out this/next week. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Tranceprod Dan

Post by Tranceprod Dan »

You can see many of the new features that are coming out with Mixcraft 8 on this thread.
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit
Stevethesearcher

Post by Stevethesearcher »

Thanks Mark and Dan for your replies,

Next week would be great even just to get an announcement of all the new features. I read that Melodyne Essential would be included in Mixcraft Pro 8. I hope that's right. Good feature. I wonder if there will be new virtual instruments. I am subscribed to the Mixcraft YouTube channel so I hope a video concerning Mixcraft 8 is forthcoming.
Gedcoz

Post by Gedcoz »

Just checked that link out. Wow they have some great features added to MC8. I really like the automatic MIDI quantization. :D
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Wow, somehow I missed that thread....

Lot's of great enhancements! I think my fave so far is the mixer layout customizations. :D
BillW

Post by BillW »

When the MX8 ti[s [age says you can drag effects from one track to the other, does that mean copy/paste, or cut/paste?

Using a spreadsheet example, dragging the contents of a cell from one to another leaves the first cell empty and the second now contains its former contents.

I hope it's copy / paste. There have been a several times I want to start out with a similar effect chain and then modify as appropriate for the new clip.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

BillW wrote:When the MX8 ti[s [age says you can drag effects from one track to the other, does that mean copy/paste, or cut/paste?

Using a spreadsheet example, dragging the contents of a cell from one to another leaves the first cell empty and the second now contains its former contents.

I hope it's copy / paste. There have been a several times I want to start out with a similar effect chain and then modify as appropriate for the new clip.
Hi,

If you want to do that, hold down the Alt key before you drag the effect.

It's just like audio or MIDI clips, you can Alt-Drag them to duplicate them.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

My guess is that although they will not have a booth at NAMM this year, they will probably demo the product on their notebooks to any interested parties, and be able to name a definite release date (which would be ASAP!).
-Erik
magician

Post by magician »

Mark Bliss wrote:Strong reasons to expect a public roll out this/next week. :wink:
Hope so, can't wait! LOL
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Welp, here we go........ :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
winston1955

Post by winston1955 »

Hi ... Happy to say I've purchased but not activated Mixcraft 8 pro. I already have Mixcraft 7 pro( with song projects) & I'm wanting to know if there is anything I must do before switching over? Thanks much, Jim
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Woo-hoo! The answer is "today!"

Called it on the NAMM Show I guess.

One of my favorite new features in Pro Studio 8 is the VTD-42 Psychedelic Delay effect from G-Sonique. You can't even find information on it on G-Sonique's website, so at this point it looks like it's exclusive to Mixcraft Pro Studio 8.
-Erik
tsfrance

Post by tsfrance »

I wanted to buy it but when I went to the page to enter my email so it would tell me what my eligibility is and it sent me the email it just sent me a link on where to download Mixcraft Pro 7 of which I already have. I guess maybe they are not fully ready yet. Usually they send an email when an upgrade comes out.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

tsfrance wrote:I wanted to buy it but when I went to the page to enter my email so it would tell me what my eligibility is and it sent me the email it just sent me a link on where to download Mixcraft Pro 7 of which I already have. I guess maybe they are not fully ready yet. Usually they send an email when an upgrade comes out.
Hi,

Look at the bottom of that email for the upgrade link, or log into your Acoustica Customer Center account.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101