Software glitches

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JonInc

Re: Software glitches

Post by JonInc »

It's possible the project was corrupted -- especially when the graphics card has been running that hot for awhile.

I would definitely try and build it back up using a new project.

At this point, it's hard to say if the other problems were caused by the video card issue, hitting the memory wall -- or a combination of both. I think you'll have a better idea moving forward as you try out different things.

Good luck!
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Thanks! :D
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

JonInc wrote:
jwarv wrote:Well,
.... EZ Drummer 2 is still choking my session. So, I've got to go to Toontrack and see what's what...
Have you ever been able to successfully use MC7 with EZD2 without the glitches on that system?

If not, your system is probably under spec'ed. The 32 bit O.S. limits your memory usage to less than 4GB, which unfortunately is about the minimum these days for smoothly running a DAW with virtual instruments.

However, if the glitches are a recent development and it was running fine before, then we'll have to troubleshoot further...
I thought you might like to know, That I took the advice from all the smart people here and other sites and ran my DAW from a separate hard drive. I also loaded all my plugins there too. And it has made a HUGE difference. It's taken a couple of VST folder scans and program restarts, but I think my PC has finally figured out what I'm doing (At least it feels that way).

So far, no freezes, crashes or jitters. Now I'm ready for MC8. Bring it on. 8)