How to use Loop Editor.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Baffled Ben

How to use Loop Editor.

Post by Baffled Ben »

Hi, extreme newbie here. I can't get the hang of the loop editor and hope someone will take pity and explain it in simple terms.
When I load a song (for example) into track 1 the whole song also appears in the loop editor at the same time, entirely in grey. If I select a section of track 1 and click 'make into loop' I think I should then be able to go to the loop editor to fine tune the start and end of the loop. When I go to loop editor tho, it is still just displaying the whole song in grey.
So my question is: how do I select a section of a track in order to make it into a loop and how do I get it in and out of the loop editor?
Many thanks!
Baffled Ben
EL34

Post by EL34 »

You click on the soundfile in the track so it is highlighted.

Then go down to the track tab at the bottom of the M3 screen.

Pull the left and right end flags in to pick the section you want to loop
Baffled Ben

Post by Baffled Ben »

Many thanks!
I was trying to make it more complicated than it was. Shame there are no animated tutorials for Mixcraft 3, for the easily confused like me.
Thanks again.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

There are some animated tutorials for Mixcraft 3.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Another way to accomplish what you're trying to do --

Instead of selecting the measures that you want (which won't work) instead use the Split function to split the start and end of the measures you want to turn into a loop. You should be left with a clip that contains the measures you wish to loop. Right-click on that clip, select Make Into Loop, then grab the end and drag it out to repeat the new loop.

Dan