Mixcraft 8 is Here!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sulblk27

Re: Mixcraft 8 is Here!

Post by sulblk27 »

Oh not a problem Mark, I appreciate you. I truly understand new products, once the masses gets ahold of it, that is when the 'little' kinks creep out. This is still a great product, and as posted earlier, I still have 7 locked and loaded. :)
MIDIMonster323

Post by MIDIMonster323 »

MC7 was such a game changer for me. It is MY PLEASURE to throw my $$$ for the MC8 Pro upgrade.

My day is now set for nothing but digging into M8.

-Glenn
Dallas, TX
Legion

Post by Legion »

Hi folks from sunny Australia,

Forgive the dumb question but how long ago did MC8 get released?

I had only just found and downloaded MC7 and next thing I see MC8!

I love MC7 (dabbled with a friend's MC6 and got hooked) but I was caught by surprise.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We just released Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio and Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio on Jan. 19, 2017.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

sulblk27 wrote:This is great! I do have a question, the Royalty Free MVP Loops that you could down load for MC pro 7 studio, will they be available to MC8 Pro?
Hi,

Download the installer for the Mixcraft MVP Loops and install it again. It has been updated to also add the loops to Mixcraft 8.

Or, you could just import the already-installed MVP Loops.

Greg
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

YES!! its here!

Only $39 upgrade!

Cheap at half the price! Thank you!

----------------

Ah yes! the hidden VAT added makes it a little bit more - I really wish companies would quote what the customer will actually be paying - I mean how hard can that be? :)
Last edited by Scythe on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legion

Post by Legion »

Well good people, I downloaded the trial version of MC8...Oh gosh! It's very "swish" :D

I'm impressed greatly and that's no mean feat with me these days being old and jaded. I offer my congratulations to the creators. "well done" I say to you all.

I'm now off to feed the cat and explore this software that is shining a new DAWn on my music (yeah, couldn't help that bad joke)

Steve
JK-FlipFlop

Post by JK-FlipFlop »

I'm noticing a few glitches and a functionality change or two, all of which are annoying.
Click on an instrument clip. Click on any note in the piano roll. Hit Ctrl+A. Mixcraft 8 has stopped working.
In Mixcraft 7, you could place a note over top of another note in the piano roll, and the previously existing note would be clipped or deleted, depending on the placement. Not here. I find this annoying.

There are other issues, but these two I find to be the most annoying.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hi and welcome!

When I go to the piano roll and select an existing note, then Ctrl-A, it selects all notes as expected. I've been doing that all along and have yet to experience a crash from it. What build are you using?

Can you consistently reproduce this crash? If so, Acoustica supports going to want a log file. Do you know how to find that and submit a support ticket?

The change to the note clobbering function is intentional. Though some users aren't really pleased with the change, it seems the majority prefer it.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
JK-FlipFlop

Post by JK-FlipFlop »

Mark Bliss wrote: Can you consistently reproduce this crash? If so, Acoustica supports going to want a log file. Do you know how to find that and submit a support ticket?
Thank you for the welcome.
This is not consistent. It doesn't even seem to matter how many other applications are open. The only time it happens is when I have loaded a midi file (for a remix/cover), but not always. It has never happened while making a completely original song. I have feeling it has something to do with midi controllers. I'll send the log file to support when I run into the problem again.
Mark Bliss wrote: The change to the note clobbering function is intentional. Though some users aren't really pleased with the change, it seems the majority prefer it.
This should be in preferences. It would be easier to have the "old" note clobbering method for when I'm arranging soloized midi tracks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

JK-FlipFlop wrote:This should be in preferences. It would be easier to have the "old" note clobbering method for when I'm arranging soloized midi tracks.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! We changed the note clobbering to work this way because when Mixcraft 7 was introduced, people were dismayed to find that moving a note around with the arrow key erased everything in its path. This made it very difficult to "leapfrog" notes that you didn't want to erase. The new method only clobbers the notes when the note being moved is deselected. This prevents accidental erasure of notes.

Greg
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

May I ask what 'note clobbering' is?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

GrizzKarizz wrote:May I ask what 'note clobbering' is?
When a MIDI note overlaps another MIDI note it can cause unexpected results, so in recent versions of Mixcraft, the notes get truncated if they overlap. In Mixcraft 8, this doesn't happen until the note is de-selected to avoid accidental clobbering of notes.
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Still not quite sure! lol sorry...

What I've noticed since Mixcraft 8, is if two notes are overlapping, the latter note is muted. Is that it?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

GrizzKarizz wrote:Still not quite sure! lol sorry...

What I've noticed since Mixcraft 8, is if two notes are overlapping, the latter note is muted. Is that it?
With Mixcraft 8, if two notes are overlapping, the note to the left will be cut off where the next note starts. But this only happens once the note is no longer selected. So, you can select a note and move it all over the place, but it won't get cut off until it's overlapping another note and it's not selected anymore.

The note getting cut off is what we call clobbering and clobbering is meant to keep notes from overlapping.

Notes overlapping is bad because with MIDI, the start of each note has a "Note On" command and the end of each note has a "Note Off" command. If we allowed notes to overlap, then the "Note Off" of the first note would make the next note end prematurely.