Mixcraft 8 is Here!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

GrizzKarizz

Re: Mixcraft 8 is Here!

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Got it! Makes perfect sense to go the way you did.
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Hi and thanks guys!
I have just upgraded to Mixcraft 8 ProStudio and I find it Awesome to work with.

I would like to report an error in the midi controls menu naming.
Pan should be on Control 10, I believe...As I see it, it is now assigned to Control 8 in MC8, and thus, has no effect when changing the pan setting. Not that it is so bad, most of the time, I delete it and use the Pan in the track settings but still it bothers me a little when I look at it in the MIDI controls menu, lol.

Other than that for now, all runs fine and everything works smoothly and flawlessly.
Good day!
Impulseman
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Impulseman wrote: I would like to report an error in the midi controls menu naming.
Pan should be on Control 10, I believe...As I see it, it is now assigned to Control 8 in MC8, and thus, has no effect when changing the pan setting. Not that it is so bad, most of the time, I delete it and use the Pan in the track settings but still it bothers me a little when I look at it in the MIDI controls menu, lol.
Hi,

I see what you're saying. CC #8 is usually Balance, which is for stereo tracks. CC #10 is Pan, for mono tracks. Thanks for pointing this out!

Did you know you can type whatever CC # you want in that box? If you want to control CC #10, just enter 10 instead of choosing from the dropdown.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Hi Greg!

I didn't know that and it's nice of you to ring me on that bell, lol.
Which means that it's as easy as ever now to get to whatever CC I'm looking for.

Thanks for the update on this.

I'm using the French translation and sometimes the word sentence is so long that it is hidden out of the box, but it's not that bad. Luckily I know the name and function of mostly each CC since I've always been working with MIDI in the past. People in the business used to call theses MIDI DAWs "the studio of the poor".
Still, I'm glad that your Mixcraft system allows working with MIDI as well (and easily) as WAV, compared to other DAWs. That's why I'm using Mixcraft since Version 5 and preferring it to all others.

You make us work with music like a walk in the park.
Thank a whole lot, guys!

See ya!
Impulseman
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This is fixed in the next build*. Thanks again for reporting it!

Greg

*Post build 380.
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Thanks Greg!
It's been my pleasure to report it.

Impulseman
HertzFidelity

Post by HertzFidelity »

Upgraded and installed Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio from 7 because when I first saw the integrated melodyne pluggin I figured it was a tool for simply altering pitch using VST instruments in Mixcraft, which is exactly a feature I've been waiting for in Mixcraft.

After installing it I went to try out melodyne and it asked me to register the program, I assumed that it was a bug leftover from the original standalone software and that Mixcraft would automatically resolve the issue. Going through the tutorials I worked out it offers far more than just the altering of pitch for VST instruments but can analyse and annotate any sound put into it.

At this point I was a bit suspicious because such a complex program could not be tied into a price of $40 US. When I couldn't figure out how to do anything with the program I looked at the licensing information to find that a license cost $850, then I realized how deep of a shit I was in.

Can I just confirm whether melodyne has to be purchased separately or does Acoustica provide licenses with the purchase of Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio (which I think is improbable seeming the program is worth $850).
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Devils in the details.

There are four different versions of Melodyne currently offered by Celemony.

The version in Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio is "Melodyne essentials" which is a "light" version currently retailing at about $99.
The other end of the scale is a pro version with far more functions and features.
I don't know where you are at but $850 is pretty jacked. I am seeing $699. But that's irrelevant to the question anyway.

Melodyne essentials is IMO a very powerful pitch correction tool and a welcome addition, though as you point out, you aren't getting the full pro program in the deal, no.
Celemony's tutorials kind of briefly mention essentials and move right on without being extremely clear where the line is drawn on features IMO, but its ok, still a great deal.

How you are wanting to use it isn't clear to me, I don't use it that way and so cant tell you if what you want to do will work. So far I have only been learning to use it on vocals. You can use it to shift pitch or time of notes and phrases manually or just apply it to an entire track using their algorithms. Should work similarly on any similar audio source.
I am very much enjoying the ability to nudge a few bits here and there and leave it sounding very natural. Impressed.

A few Mixcraft users have had minor registration hiccups, a support request via the tab at the top of this page is the best path to resolution if that happens to you.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Sitedrifter

Post by Sitedrifter »

I made the jump from 6 to 8 last weekend and love it. 6 worked so well for me I let 7 slip on by but I am sure glad I got in on the new version 8 from the get go.

Thanks Acoustica, great job!

Mark
falcon1

Post by falcon1 »

It's here if you want to download it, but not if you want the box:)
Does anyone one know when the Boxed Edition of Pro 8 will be available...thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

falcon1 wrote:It's here if you want to download it, but not if you want the box:)
Does anyone one know when the Boxed Edition of Pro 8 will be available...thanks
Hi,

Mixcraft 8 Home Studio could show up in Best Buy stores any time now. Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio and Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio might be available later in April. The gears are in motion, but printing the boxes and so on takes time.

Greg
Sitedrifter

Post by Sitedrifter »

I do not understand the need for a boxed version unless it comes with something the download version does not? :?:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Sitedrifter wrote:I do not understand the need for a boxed version unless it comes with something the download version does not? :?:
Hi,

Some people just like having the software on DVD.

Greg