Is This An Issue With Mixcraft 8?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tsfrance

Is This An Issue With Mixcraft 8?

Post by tsfrance »

Yesterday I recorded a project through my interface so I was using Asio. When I was done I'm not sure if I unplugged my interface first or I shut down Mixcraft first, I can't remember. A few hours later I came back to open Mixcraft with my interface not connected as I was going to use my laptop speakers and it took a long time to load the project but it did. I went to play it and nothing happened. I then went to Preferences but it took a long time to open up and when It did I saw it was still on Asio so I clicked WaveRt but nothing happened and the program locked up. I had to manually shut it down and wait. In the meantime I tried to play a mp3 on my desktop and in a media player and it would not play for me. I rebooted and then I updated my Windows 10 sound driver and then I opened Mixcraft again but not by clicking on a project file like before but just by clicking on the Mixcraft icon. I got the menus at the top but nothing else but a white screen. Took a long time to shut down again and I opened it back up again by clicking on a project file and it was slow but it opened. Again preferences was very slow to open but when it did this time I picked wave as my sound output and all was normal. I closed the program and reopened it just fine and again I went to preferences and it opened fine but to test it I tried WaveRT again and the same thing happened. I went through the process again and picked wave that time and all is well again. I may be wrong but I suspect that when I hook up my interface again and use Asio for a bit and then close Mixcraft and then unplug my interface, all will be well again. For the meantime as long as I stay away from WaveRT, all is normal. Anyone else notice this? I just wanted to mention again that if I pick WaveRT the program will lock up.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Is This An Issue With Mixcraft 8?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Unplugging your audio interface while any version of Mixcraft is running can have unpredictable results, depending upon your audio drivers. When you switched to WaveRT, which playback device did you have selected? Sometimes your computer just needs a restart.

Make sure you've installed the latest audio drivers from your sound device manufacturer's web page.

There's a handy file in your Acoustica Mixcraft 8 folder called "Reset Audio To Factory Defaults" that can help in situations like this (especially if you can't get into Preferences). Just run that file if you find your audio is all messed up and it should at least get you to a point where you can change your settings.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
tsfrance

Re: Is This An Issue With Mixcraft 8?

Post by tsfrance »

Thank you Greg. That is very helpful.