Ghosts...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

GrizzKarizz

Ghosts...

Post by GrizzKarizz »

For lack of a better word, I'm finding an issue with "ghost" sounds.

Sounds that are supposed to be deleted, and are not visible, but still, for some reason, there.

Is it just me?
elaw

Re: Ghosts...

Post by elaw »

I've seen where on an audio track, a sound clip can be "underneath" another one and thus not visible.

Are the "ghost" sounds just on one track? You can check by soloing tracks until you hear the sounds. If you can narrow it down to one track, you can move the visible sound clips on that track to a different position or another track, and that might reveal clips that are hidden.
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Yes, just one the one track.

I checked everywhere. The track simply isn't there. It's not hiding, it's not anywhere. When I delete the track, or mute the track it's gone. When I restart the program it's also gone.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What kind of track? Audio or MIDI?

Just restarting Mixcraft makes the sound go away? Any effects on that track? Any effects on the master track?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Hi Greg,

It turns out I had the Melodyne VST3 'active' on the track. Take that away and all is fine. (Audio track, by the way).
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Ah, after some experimenting I see how its possible to have Melodyne playing back on its own independent of the Mixcraft playback status.
That potentially creates some confusion doesn't it!

Oddly, in my test, with Melodyne playing back, clicking on Mixcraft's play button stops Melodyne, and clicking on stop in Mixcraft restarts Melodyne, but with no relationship as far as timeline location. And such tomfoolery will often cause Mixcraft to stop responding and possibly lock up for me.

For now, my take on it is- Don't do that. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
GrizzKarizz

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Yeah, now I know what the problem is, it's all good. It's not a bug, it's more a setting issue. A setting bug?

Anyway, once I know how to avoid the issue it's easy to avoid. Which is good to know!