FaderPort support

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BobF

FaderPort support

Post by BobF »

Just started a MC8 trial today. Noticed no FaderPort support and a couple of threads here from 6 and 7 that indicate no FaderPort support.

Are there plans to add this?
Rolling Estonian

Re: FaderPort support

Post by Rolling Estonian »

MC can use Mackie control which the FaderPort has, normally, Mackie will get you most of the way there but you'll have to do some tweaks and some things may not operate as if you were using Studio One. That looks like a really cool controller, if it is totally compatible, I may have to start saving.

M
BobF

Post by BobF »

I have the FadperPort working 100% in SONAR and Reaper - both with user contrib plugs that allow tweaking of the button functions. It's a very cool piece of gear.

I've not tried it as an MC device.
MiltonRob

Post by MiltonRob »

Just a note, that I picked up a Faderport 8 and started using it with MC8. Transport works fine, as do the faders and pan control. Scribble strips do show the first few characters of each track as hoped. They don't change colour to match the track (something I would throw on my MC wishlist, just to help identify tracks and busses quicker). Not all of the buttons work in MC, and some don't work as intended (the jog wheel for example controls the master fader instead of scrolling through the timeline, or the edit plugins button does nothing). I will play around with it some more to see if I can get those mapped to functions that would be useful). You get a copy of Studio One artist with it which it's extremely tightly integrated with but... you know, to me Mixcraft is home.... If the fine people at Acoustica are looking for features to add, I would wish for tighter integration between the FP8 and MC, both are great products and I'm sure I'm not the only that would love to do more with a Control Surface.... ;-) If anyone is thinking of getting one of these and is looking for answers I'd be more than happy to see if the device does what you're looking for, feel free to ask away :)

Rob