A Melodyne feature in Mixcraft's MIDI Editor...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

GrizzKarizz

A Melodyne feature in Mixcraft's MIDI Editor...

Post by GrizzKarizz »

Hi,

Melodyne seems to have this really cool feature where it will correct (snap) notes in wav form into the correct key. Some notes that are supposed to be out of key can easily be put back where they're supposed to be.

It won't do it with midi though, which is a shame.

What I'm doing now, is creating strings and would like to just copy and paste those notes and move them a third up. This messes with the scale, so it would be awesome if I could just highlight all the notes and automatically snap them into the correct key.

If Mixcraft can already do that, then awesome! Please let me know! If not, then does anyone know a vst that will do it? Or am I going to have to go through every note, note for note (which I guess is what I should be doing if I want to, you know, earn it, like a proper musician)...

Thanks!
Flyingfullback

Re: A Melodyne feature in Mixcraft's MIDI Editor...

Post by Flyingfullback »

Simply click on the midi clip and the midi editor will pop up. The mixcraft help guide, which comes as a PDF inside mixcraft, explains how to do this.
mick

Re: A Melodyne feature in Mixcraft's MIDI Editor...

Post by mick »

I can't find anything specific to using the piano roll in detail but there are "bits and bob's" scattered around here and there so its really all about discovering by experimentation.

This what I found in the past by twiddling knobs and buttons.

When a new project is opened the setup panel lets you select tempo, tracks etc but also the key, so if selecting D you then need to click the chromatic tab when the project opens and tell Mixcraft which version of D you require, so major, minor, melodic minor etc is all there (fantastic! :D ), if you select minor Mixcraft will then set the project to display the D minor scale.
The scale notes will be the white rows and the accidentals within the scale are the darker rows and this is irrespective of whether the accidental is a black or white key. Nobody has an excuse for not being able to make a chord progression in any key by following the scale "white notes" feature.

GrizzKarizz, the part of your question I can't grasp is "This messes with the scale. . . " I expect you already know the above stuff backwards but decided to write it anyway just for the hell of it and because I haven't come across it in the PDF, hopefully it could be of some use to some not aware.

You can hold the CTRL and make a selection of keys then shift them with the arrow keys or mouse, or whilst still selected hold the ALT key to drag and duplicate, so a keynote (tonic) can be duplicated and moved 4 semitones to the 3rd. Or duplicate a keynote to a 3rd and again to a 5th and again to a 6th for a major 6th etc. This is as far as I understand the question so far regarding not moving notes one by one. 8)

Little observation for Acoustica... The "chromatic" tab is a typo! Because all new projects open in C major, there is no chromatic scale in the list. :wink:

Also your video's are basic and don't tell the whole story. The piano roll and instrument panel with the facility to stack various instruments and effects all on one track in a "multitimbral" fashion is far more capable than you bother to advertise. :D You should be shoving all the features under noses of old users and potential new ones.