song sounds different before and after mixing down

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

aces

song sounds different before and after mixing down

Post by aces »

i was wondering if anyone could help.. my songs sound very different before and after mixing down, in terms of volume balance between tracks and sound quality. why is this so? as a result i have to keep editing the song parts in mixcraft and mix it down to listen to it on windows media player to see if the final product is alright. any help with this?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

It may be that you have effects and equalization running in windows media player. It is best to preview the rendered song in a media player with no effects or eq at all, then it will sound as it does in mixcraft.

There are tons of small simple players available for free all over the net, try www.snapfiles.com
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

As far as players are concerned, Windows media player always seemed to run into something he didn't have the codecs for, really got fed up with it and found on that reads most audio and video files without any need for additional codecs, pretty small installation too.

Since i installed this one, i trashed all the others.

if someone want to check it out:

http://www.videolan.org/
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yep, that's a cool little app, I used for a while as a streaming server for playing music off my file server to all other computers within my LAN (house).

Did it clear up the issue mentioned above?