How to zoom much more in a track?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Lelik

How to zoom much more in a track?

Post by Lelik »

Hello
I have an unorthodox question maybe.
I use Mixcraft also to handle impulse response files (cab/mic simulations) and they are generally very small, some 40-100 ms.
So even if I zoom into the track at maximum level I can't really see enough and I can't synchronize one track with another (I'd have to sync the peak of a file with others).
Is there maybe a workaround to be able to zoom more or see the wave track? Thanks!
aj113

Re: How to zoom much more in a track?

Post by aj113 »

Nope. Been requested many times but didn't make it to MC 8.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Lelik wrote:Hello
I have an unorthodox question maybe.
I use Mixcraft also to handle impulse response files (cab/mic simulations) and they are generally very small, some 40-100 ms.
So even if I zoom into the track at maximum level I can't really see enough and I can't synchronize one track with another (I'd have to sync the peak of a file with others).
Is there maybe a workaround to be able to zoom more or see the wave track? Thanks!
The workaround exists but it's not doable with Mixcraft. If you use a wave editor, e.g., Audacity, you can align signals with EXACTING precision. -h
Lelik

Post by Lelik »

The workaround exists but it's not doable with Mixcraft. If you use a wave editor, e.g., Audacity, you can align signals with EXACTING precision. -h
Thanks! I know Audacity.
I'd love to use Mixcraft (now MC8) because of its flexibility in using other fx (mostly eq, high and low pass filters). I understand that Mixcraft is not made for this specific job, anyway it's a pity.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft has a feature called "Edit in External Editor." You can set go into General preferences and set your favorite wave editor (like Audacity or whatever) in the "External Wave Editor" setting. After that, you can just right-click on any audio file, choose Edit in External Editor and the wave editor will pop up so you can edit the audio to your heart's content.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Lelik

Post by Lelik »

Mixcraft has a feature called "Edit in External Editor." You can set go into General preferences and set your favorite wave editor (like Audacity or whatever) in the "External Wave Editor" setting. After that, you can just right-click on any audio file, choose Edit in External Editor and the wave editor will pop up so you can edit the audio to your heart's content.
Thank you Greg!!! :D
Crimsonsunaudio

Post by Crimsonsunaudio »

I'm loving Mixcraft :) but, this is a sorely missing thing for me. The zoom is not nearly adequate for many audio editing tasks :( I would very much hope this gets addressed in an update. Cheers
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! What you can do right now is use the "Edit in External Editor" option.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101