Build 380 slow/no launch?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

elaw

Build 380 slow/no launch?

Post by elaw »

Is anyone else having trouble launching MC8 build 380?

I started on 373, then moved to 375, with no issue. When I double-clicked to run MC, the splash screen would come, it would say "initializing" this and that for maybe 10 seconds as the bar graph progressed, and then the program would be available for use.

The other night I updated to build 380. When I double-clicked to run it the splash screen appeared immediately but nothing else happened. If I recall correctly, after maybe 30 seconds the "initializing" bit started, completed in the usual amount of time, and the program worked okay.

Just now when I launched it, the splash screen again appeared almost immediately. But I sat and waited for several minutes and nothing else happened.

I finally forced the program to close, and reinstalled build 375 which works fine.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? This is MC8 32-bit on Windows 10 x64.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Build 380 slow/no launch?

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No, you are the first.
Can you please reinstall 380, get the issue to happen again and then send your log file to us at http://support.acoustica.com
elaw

Post by elaw »

Hmm... now I can't reproduce the problem!

Last time I had 275 running, did "update" from the menu, and it got partway into the update and complained about MC still being open. So I closed it, and it continued with the patch process... very slowly. I'd say it took a minute or more and this is a pretty fast computer.

This time I started the same way... had 275 running and did "update" from the menu. But this time right after the "do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer" prompt, I closed Mixcraft. The update screen then came up and ran *much* faster - I'd say it took 10 seconds or less. And I've launched MC about 10 times since (I did verify the build shows as 380) with no problem.

Although I didn't count, it does seem to me that the 2nd time the update ran, it patched way fewer files than the first time. So maybe when I reinstalled 275 it didn't overwrite some of the files that had been previously updated to 380?

Anyhow it's working now and if nobody else is having trouble, it's probably not worth pursuing any further.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Well alrightly then, carry on :-)