VST stops when clicking onto another track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rick1111

VST stops when clicking onto another track

Post by Rick1111 »

Hi. Ok I might be on one track messing around with a drum beat like Drumaxx or EZDrummer then when I switch to another track to play something over the beat after a few seconds the Drumaxx or EZDrummer will stop playing. Is there a way to prevent it from stopping?
Acoustica Greg

Re: VST stops when clicking onto another track

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Is there MIDI on the drum track? Or you're just playing it live? If it's the latter, MIDI is being sent to the selected track. If you are using Mixcraft 8, you could hold down the Ctrl key when you select the other track and both tracks will be selected.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rick1111

Post by Rick1111 »

Yeah I'm just shuffling through beats within the EZDrummer VST but when I click off the track onto another instrument track to play something else along side like piano the EZDrummer stops playing after a few seconds of being clicked off it and onto the piano track. Yes I have MIxcraft Pro 8 recently upgraded. CTRL click worked to an extent, EZDRummer keeps playing the beat and I can play piano on another track but what happens is that Drum hits from the EZDrummer track are also being triggered at the same time. I don't know if this is hard to understand. I know the simple solution would be to drag the midi from EZDrummer into the track and put it on loop but I like shuffling around beats within EZDrummer then just trying to play something over it on a new track.

Am I being incredibly lazy but wanting to do this lol? I hope I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

Rick1111 wrote:Yeah I'm just shuffling through beats within the EZDrummer VST but when I click off the track onto another instrument track to play something else along side like piano the EZDrummer stops playing after a few seconds of being clicked off it and onto the piano track. Yes I have MIxcraft Pro 8 recently upgraded. CTRL click worked to an extent, EZDRummer keeps playing the beat and I can play piano on another track but what happens is that Drum hits from the EZDrummer track are also being triggered at the same time. I don't know if this is hard to understand. I know the simple solution would be to drag the midi from EZDrummer into the track and put it on loop but I like shuffling around beats within EZDrummer then just trying to play something over it on a new track.

Am I being incredibly lazy but wanting to do this lol? I hope I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill
If both being played same time and you just want the one in your mixcraft project to play, just click on the
"follow host" thingy in EZdrummer so its not yellow anymore (its in the square you adjust tempo and add patterns etc). that stops the ezdrummer file from playing at the same time as your ezdrummer loop in your mixcraft project.

RobertAllan