Need to know how to setup single Instrument that has multi tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dathyr1

Need to know how to setup single Instrument that has multi tracks

Post by dathyr1 »

Hello,

I have both Mixcraft 7 pro and Mixcraft 8 pro. I think I asked this similar question a while back but I could not find my old posts on this subject, so I am going to ask again.

I have both Kontakt and Omnisphere and both have within them capability for multi tracks within one instance of each of them.

My main question is how do I setup say Omnisphere in Multi mode with loading only one instance of the program on an initial track 1 and then creating additional tracks 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 while still only having one copy of Omnisphere on track 1? This cuts way down on the amount of CPU horsepower needed to do multitrack.

I thought I did this for Kontakt a year to two years ago and I think I posted how I did it, but cant find these posts old posts under dathyr1. I dont use this much with Kontakt, but will be using it allot with Omnisphere.

thank you for any help,

Dave
Mark Bliss

Re: Need to know how to setup single Instrument that has multi tracks

Post by Mark Bliss »

Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Go to "tips and tricks" - select page 2 and go to this subject 5 places from the bottom where you will find some exellent tuts from Chibear regarding Kontact, other multi timbral vsti are similar, I learned how to setup Miroslav Philharmonic here.

Multi-timbrals & Multi-channel VSTs in Mixcraft (new)
by chibear » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:25 am
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Thank you guys. You are a big help. Tips and tricks video works great.

I followed the tips and tricks video on the Kontakt procedure for multi midi channels and works the same for Omnisphere.

For Omnisphere, seems after I setup the lanes for the different midi channels, sometimes I had to go back to Omnisphere in the Multi mode, go to stack button, turn stack on and then back to off. Then all the midi channels operated separately.

I did a small test for 4 tracks by using the lanes feature in Mixcraft Pro 7. All 4 channels worked great.
Note: Right now I only have Mixcraft Pro 8 on my other slower computer.

i do have a question for Mark Bliss, How did you find my old post? Did you do a search on "Multi tracks"?
I was trying my name dathyr1 and not a title search.

Thanks again, back to music creating.

Dave
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

dathyr1 wrote:I do have a question for Mark Bliss, How did you find my old post? Did you do a search on "Multi tracks"?
I was trying my name dathyr1 and not a title search.
I remembered the thread, and roughly when it was. I saw the total of your posts was a low enough number to scan fairly quickly..
I did a search of your specific posts, and quickly scanned the titles.

Took about two minutes max. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info on finding my old posts.

I looked at some of my old posts, I see I did post a procedure on setting up single instruments having multi track capability. Very similar to the newer video done by chibear but I like chibears video better to visually see the setup. I think I was doing a one time special project back then and never did more multis until now. Got off on creating kontakt instruments for myself.

thanks guys and take care,

Dave