How do I use Gsnap as a vocoder?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Cjax

How do I use Gsnap as a vocoder?

Post by Cjax »

I'm trying to do a quick vocoder bit in a song and autotune won't cut it.
Gsnap has a setting called "midi fun". That's all well and good, but how do you get audio routed through it when midi is a digital signal?

Does it have something to do with send tracks?
I can't even get "midi fun" to register notes unless I create a midi track and use gsnap on the fx chain. When I use "midi fun" on an actual audio track, it doesn't register any notes being fed through.
HOW DO I ROUTE AUDIO TO A FRIGGIN MIDI TRACK? That doesn't even make sense, kids.
Mark Bliss

Re: How do I use Gsnap as a vocoder?

Post by Mark Bliss »

I never got that far into GSnap as to use that feature, but I was under the impression the MIDI function was an input to the plug in, an alternative pitch correction guide instead of choosing the scale or notes in the plug in.

IE: routing a MIDI track as an input to the plug in, to be used as a guide for adjusting the pitch of the audio input to the plug in.

Users guide:
http://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap_manual.htm

Routing tip: (MX 8 )
GSnap MIDI input.png
GSnap MIDI input.png (151.03 KiB) Viewed 2746 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Cjax

Re: How do I use Gsnap as a vocoder?

Post by Cjax »

Mark Bliss wrote:I never got that far into GSnap as to use that feature, but I was under the impression the MIDI function was an input to the plug in, an alternative pitch correction guide instead of choosing the scale or notes in the plug in.

IE: routing a MIDI track as an input to the plug in, to be used as a guide for adjusting the pitch of the audio input to the plug in.

Users guide:
http://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap_manual.htm

Routing tip: (MX 8 )
GSnap MIDI input.png

Holy derp on my part. It was right in front of me the whole time. Much obliged.