Beatcraft Style Pattern Based Sequencing In M7 ??

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MeanMrMustard

Beatcraft Style Pattern Based Sequencing In M7 ??

Post by MeanMrMustard »

Is it possible to do pattern based sequencing such as Beatcraft, Hydrogen, FLStudio, EZDrummer ect in M7 ?

I see the Step Editor where one can write the individual patterns, but there doesn't seem to be any way to string them together - or more importantly store them first - to create a full arrangement such as in the photo below (the bottom half of Beatcraft has the 'sequencer' with the pattern list all neatly laid out all on the right, and the pattern arranger on the left with all the patterns labeled)

This seems to be a very quick and elegant way to write out full drum tracks. M7's step editor is excellent but I don't see any way to arrange multiple patterns with the ease and speed of Beatcraft or Hydrogen, FLStudio or even EZDrummer (?)

That and the step editor seems to be linear, not allowing for multiple patterns to be written and stored. Unless of course I missed something ???

Is there a way to do this that I may have missed.... if not I hope the good folks at Acoustica do address this in future releases. As this is a fairly standard way of writing drum tracks.

I suppose you could write a pattern, drag it to a track ect ect. But this seems to be a very cumbersome way of going about it as you are dealing with many patterns and their variations with no place to 'store' them. Hence Beatcraft with it's pattern list to right where you can see all patterns neatly laid out.

Hydrogen also has a great approach to writing and arranging patterns. With the step editor on the bottom and pattern arranger on top.

Acoustica Greg

Re: Beatcraft Style Pattern Based Sequencing In M7 ??

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
MeanMrMustard

Re: Beatcraft Style Pattern Based Sequencing In M7 ??

Post by MeanMrMustard »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg

Thanks Greg, I do hope Acoustica consider adding this feature to the step editor section.

Considering the popularity of Beatcraft this will be a very welcome addition !

MMM