Waves plugins supported in MC8?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dung_beetle

Waves plugins supported in MC8?

Post by dung_beetle »

I still have not updated to version 8. I am visiting this forum after a longer time of absence. Judging from the thread overview it seems there are some people with issues (even tracks and projects disappearing, wow). But I suppose those will be ironed out sooner or later.

Now, does MC8 support Waves plugins? MC7 did not because of the Waves shell or whatever the problem was. If I remember correctly, several people were missing Waves support, though...
Mark Bliss

Re: Waves plugins supported in MC8?

Post by Mark Bliss »

Not true.
I've run assorted Waves plug ins since at least Mixcraft 6. Kind of fond of a few in fact.

The only no-goes I am aware of are "One Knob Pumper" which seemed to lack the trigger signal. May be a way to make it work in v8, I haven't pursued it as it was a freebie customer bonus and is not something I really see myself using.
The recently released "Electric88" piano instrument is seen by Mixcraft as an effect and not an instrument. I am aware that the Mixcraft dev's are working to see if a possible patch or workaround is possible.

I haven't found v8 to be less stable than 7 at this point, in fact probably more reliable in my experience so far.
And FWIW, I haven't ever "lost a project" or "lost files" in Mixcraft except in events that were absolutely traceable to my own user error. Ever. Knock on wood. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Another Waves user here. TrueVerb and SuperTap work just great in Mixcraft Pro Studio 8 (and did in 7 as well).
-Erik
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

So, there is native support for Waves now? :) I think there was a thread on this some time ago where people suggested a workaround, where one had to extract the dll's from the shell with the help of some tool, something like that.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

I never knew about any such rigmarole with Mixcraft 7.

Used both SuperTap and TrueVerb in the Waves Shell in Mixcraft 7. No special steps needed.

Still works a treat in Mixcraft 8.
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Nothing I am aware of, and like I said- worked all along for me.

There has been install/registration problems that were usually the result of trying to outsmart the installer. You have to let it work, and don't move things.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page