Quick help ? Melodyne

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Harry7139

Quick help ? Melodyne

Post by Harry7139 »

Can anyone tell me where the registration license is for Melodyne in MX 8 ? Still trying to get MX 8 Pro up and running (working with Greg on solving that problem) Giving it a try tonight but Melodyne now says it needs a license..It was not furnished with my purchase receipt nor was any related additional email containing the license info ever received.. I thought it was included ? If so can someone please send me the correct license code ?

Thanks ! :)
Acoustica Greg

Re: Quick help ? Melodyne

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you clicked on the Activate option in Melodyne and signed up for a Melodyne account? You probably don't need a serial code.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Hi Greg :) I select and highlight the track...click sound tab... Melodyne pops up and gives me activation options which takes me to website where there are threee options 1 : enter license code. 2: Purchase license 3: activate 30 day trial. Melodyne currently shows track grayed out and does not allow any adjustments.. Should I just uninstall Pro and install again ? 3rd time..lol :)

Thanks ! :)
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

The option to sign up for an account is not given :)
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

So I log in to the Acoustica Portal thing... It shows none of my purchases.. There is no product to register...nothing.. I have purchased every single version of Mixcraft since 3.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It sounds like you've already created a Melodyne account. If you click Enter License, is the serial code already in there?

I'll send your Melodyne serial code via email just in case.

For anybody else reading this, you normally don't need a serial code, you just sign up for a Melodyne account. If it turns out you do need a serial code, you can retrieve it here: Recover Registration Code.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Harry7139

Post by Harry7139 »

Excellent... Got it :) A bit confusing regarding the registration process... especially when it was not included on my original receipt.. Working fine now.. In regard to my other problem I just ran a 25 track project in 8 Pro with no crashes tonight.. except the caveat being that I used basically all third party plugins.. so I am suspecting that my crashing issues are going to be related to the MX plug ins. I will do another project tomorrow using only MX plugins and send you the log after it crashes.. You also indicated that my VST folders were all over the place in my last log.. This unfortunately is due to some vst versions making actual system registry changes..in which case moving a vst .dll or file folder will cause that program to no longer work..unless you want to go in and write new registry settings..so they will have to stay where they are :) Gotta say I absolutely love MX 8 though... best version yet which makes it more than worth the while to solve a few minor issues. :)

Thanks Greg ! :) Have a great weekend !