Crackling and Lagging in Mixcraft 8.1

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

TheBoiRoy

Crackling and Lagging in Mixcraft 8.1

Post by TheBoiRoy »

I want to start recording music on Mixcraft, but I ran into a few snags when testing out the program with one of the example songs. I'm using the 32 bit version since the 64 bit version puts strain on my CPU, and my latency is at 25 mil, and my CPU usage stays in the teens and twenties, but I still get crackling, lagging, and jittering during playback. I really would appreciate any help I could get with this issue.
MXCRFT864

Re: Crackling and Lagging in Mixcraft 8.1

Post by MXCRFT864 »

Is your cpu dual core, or quad? I'm betting it's dual core. That may be the problem. Also set the playback quality to 48 or 44khz. I noticed crackling/lagging problems in both 64 and 32bit at higher playback settings and I'm using quadcore.
Last edited by MXCRFT864 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mixcraft 8 Pro 64-Bit on Dell Optiplex 755 with 2.83Ghz Xeon Quadcore 8) and 8GB RAM. Windows 7 64-Bit.
TheBoiRoy

Post by TheBoiRoy »

MXCRFT864 wrote:Is your cpu dual core, or quad? I'm betting it's dual core. That may be the problem. Also set the playback quality to 48 or 44khz. I noticed crackling/lagging problems in both 64 and 32bit at higher playback settings.
I have a single core Intel i3, so that might certainly be the problem.
MXCRFT864

Post by MXCRFT864 »

Yes, a computer with at least dualcore is suggested as minimum system requirements.
Mixcraft 8 Pro 64-Bit on Dell Optiplex 755 with 2.83Ghz Xeon Quadcore 8) and 8GB RAM. Windows 7 64-Bit.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Some of the example projects are fairly heavy loads, and at least one of them would make my old dual core machine laugh at me if I tried to run it.

But that doesn't mean you cant use it for some much simpler projects, don't let the example project issue discourage you from trying.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which mode are you using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences? What is your playback device?

Try cranking your latency or buffer settings way up high and see if that smooths out playback.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
TheBoiRoy

Post by TheBoiRoy »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Which mode are you using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences? What is your playback device?

Try cranking your latency or buffer settings way up high and see if that smooths out playback.

Greg
I'm using WaveRT, and my playback device is Nvidia High Definition Audio.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Your sound device isn't really designed for home studio recording, but you can try putting a check next to Exclusive Mode. Restart Mixcraft and see how that works. If there is still crackling, try doubling your latency setting to see whether that smooths out playback.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101