Classic Reverb Crackles

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jddrock

Classic Reverb Crackles

Post by jddrock »

Hi,
I am using the french horn vst sound that comes with MC7PS with the classic reverb plugin on it. When I did a mixdown of the song there are a few little crackles here and there. I checked the french horn track and found that it was the culprit. The only effect being used on the track is classic reverb. The crackle is not consistent at all. It pops up subtly at different times. I don't know what's causing it. I've tried mixing down to a wav file with the same settings that I'm using under preferences but the crackle still makes it's way in at least once each mixdown. I've tried freezing the track. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be much appreciated!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Classic Reverb Crackles

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're still using Mixcraft 7? Do you get it if you remove Classic Reverb from that track? Are you using build 316?

Does the same thing happen in Mixcraft 8?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

Yes, I'm still using Mixcraft 7 build 316. I don't have the problem when Classic Reverb is bypassed. There's volume automation on the french horn midi track so I did a mixdown of just the french horn track without the reverb plugin and added the wav file on a separate track and put Classic Reverb on that. The slight crackles and noises are very slight but still popped up every now and then in the project and on mixdown at different points sometimes. The french horn track is not anywhere near clipping and I tried a different reverb plugin with the track and got no crackles so Classic Reverb has to be the issue somehow.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using a Classic Reverb preset, or custom settings? What's your sample rate in sound device preferences?

Greg
jddrock

Post by jddrock »

I'm using custom settings on the reverb. I've tried using a lot of different settings(48000 HZ 24 bit, 48000 HZ 16 bit, 44100 HZ 24 bit, 44100 HZ 16 bit, etc...) with them lining up in preferences and the mixdown settings.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Huh, there must be some other factor involved. I'm not getting crackling from Classic Reverb when I have volume automation. Does increasing your buffer or latency settings in Sound Device preferences smooth it out?

Greg
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

I notice when using Classic Reverb it crackles when I adjust the size or pre-delay when just holding down some notes to test (using french horns in this instance). I've noticed that with it before any time I went to use it, so I never have (unlike Classic Delay which is my go-to delay). I use Abstract Chamber, it works for me http://www.signaldust.com/p-abstractchamber.html
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6