Vocalign & Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Macncheeese

Vocalign & Mixcraft

Post by Macncheeese »

By any chance does anyone know how to get Synchroarts Vocalign vst plugin to work with Mixcraft 8 ? It installs and opens correctly but I'm having trouble getting the audio to be "captured" vocalign . There's no information at all on the internet about the two together.. I'm guessing the process might require sidechaining but I'm not exactly sure . Any ideas ?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Vocalign & Mixcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm seeing the same thing here. Not sure what's up, I filed a problem report.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Macncheeese

Post by Macncheeese »

Great to know I'm not crazy. Thanks Greg .
Railway Mark

Post by Railway Mark »

I realize this is a really old thread, but it doesn't appear to have ever been resolved. I'm trying to use Vocalign Project with Mixcraft 8 Pro. It's a VST3 plugin that requires sidechaining. The plug loads fine, but the transport controls don't properly start and stop it, which is what loads the audio for processing. In many ways it functions similar to Melodyne, pre Mixcraft integration. Sure would be a time-saver if Vocalign could work properly...
Railway Mark

Post by Railway Mark »

After digging a little deeper, I discovered that after Greg filed a problem report, Bug #9565 fix for "VocAlign VST3 plugin failing to load" was issued in an update. This apparently addressed the issue of VocAlign not loading, but apparently did not bring it to full functionality, being that stopping the Mixcraft transport does not actually stop VocAlign so that it can work properly.

I'm going to continue to be the squeaky wheel on this, being that I'm now a devout Mixcraft user, and it is SO CLOSE to working properly. I sent a tech support email, and am hoping to hear back soon! If VocAlign works correctly in Mixcraft, it would be great to see it listed as a "working DAW" on the SynchroArts website.

Fingers crossed!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think Eric has that plugin. Thanks for submitting a ticket!

Greg
Railway Mark

Post by Railway Mark »

Unfortunately, still no reply to my ticket. I'll try contacting Eric directly to see if he has a solution.
popbaby

Post by popbaby »

any update on this? thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

popbaby wrote:any update on this? thanks
Hi,

I've got a bug report filed on it. What happens when you try to use Vocalign in Mixcraft? Do you have the latest version of Vocalign and Mixcraft v8.1 build 413?

Greg
ericchesek

Post by ericchesek »

Hello!
I'm not a Mixcraft user, but I downloaded the trial to see if I could help a friend with his VocAlign troubles. I believe I found a decent workaround. Perhaps someone could tweak this process to be more efficient.

1. Insert two audio tracks and a submix track.

2. Click & drag the two audio tracks under the submix track so they become indented. Any FX on the parent submix track will process the children audio tracks.

3. I'll name the submix track VOCALIGN, the first child track DUB, and the second child track GUIDE.

4. Pan DUB 100% L and pan GUIDE 100% R. This is important! Whatever audio is on DUB will be aligned to GUIDE.

5. Click fx on the VOCALIGN submix track, add VocAlign, and click Edit to open the VocAlign plugin window.

6. Now you can drag unprocessed audio onto GUIDE and DUB tracks, make sure Mixcraft's playhead is set properly before the audio you want to capture, click Capture Audio in VocAlign, and press play in Mixcraft.

7. Press Stop Capture in VocAlign when the section is captured, then uncheck the "Active" box in the plugin window to stop VocAlign's playhead from scrolling forever.

8. Click analyze, align, then process to do the alignment. You will see a yellow line on the Guide track in VocAlign which shows the Dub track alignment, and the speaker icon at the bottom right of VocAlign will be green with the word "Ready" next to it.
Play with flexibility settings if your audio isn't aligning properly. Otherwise, figure it out! :D

9. Recheck the Active box in VocAlign. You should only hear the aligned dub track when you press play in Mixcraft.

10. Once that's confirmed, go to File > Mix Down to Stems, make sure VOCALIGN is the only selected track, leave all the "Audio options" and "Ignore automation" boxes unchecked, choose a folder to store all the aligned audio clips, set your file naming convention as you want (I leave default), and set format as you want (I use 44100 Hz, 24 Bits, and Mono).

11. Reimport the audio you just mixed down, and there's your aligned track. Woohoo!