Wot No ASIO Help!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: Wot No ASIO Help!

Post by jlouvar »

kr236rk wrote:
Mark Bliss wrote:Who are "we" please Mark? I replied to this thread because your reply was marked as an unanswered notification - there were none from anyone else on this topic flagged up?

Many thanks.
I wasn’t there so it was everyone except me, but you’re
welcome, lol. :wink:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

kr236rk wrote:I'm not as logical or methodical as you Mark, so I frequently get in a muddle. Plus I run several 'heritage' pc's with various models of Mixcraft on them, which probably compounds my software confusion at times. I still maintain Mixcraft is the best, I haven't found anything else which comes near to it :)
Hi,

If you're still having ASIO problems, the devil is in the details, as always. Seeing a mixcraft-log.txt file might give me some clues so I can make specific suggestions.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Thanks, I do still get problems but I get round them. Btw, Mixcraft is not on this pc, I try to dedicate 'vintage' pc's to Mixcraft so the program doesn't conflict with anything else. As previously pointed out to me, the problem is probably not with Mixcraft, it may be my interface - which is M-Audio M-Track Mk II. I have the latest drivers for this interface which is now a 'heritage product' I think. I get round one problem of no recording signal in MC8 by un-usb-plugging then re-plugging M-Track, I then get a message telling me that MC has detected a change in hardware. After that I can record as normal.
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Hi,

If you're still having ASIO problems, the devil is in the details, as always. Seeing a mixcraft-log.txt file might give me some clues so I can make specific suggestions.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Thanks Greg,

Followed the instructions and sent the file. This is for my main recording pc. Have a secondary pc which has a slightly different issue. I marked it 'Low' because I now find ways to dodge round the issue, but it would be cool to understand what's going on. Cheers :)
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper