Pecheneg Tremolo VST won't show up

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Starship Krupa

Re: Pecheneg Tremolo VST won't show up

Post by Starship Krupa »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Practically speaking, this issue comes up very rarely. It seems like most plugin developers are using unique VST IDs.
It could be that it's just that the end users don't know about it 'cause it's always the bedroom coders, and the expectation that the plug-in is even going to work at all is lower!

I just downloaded a collection of 4 effects and they all used the same ID. One of them was said to be a really cool tape simulation. The "Bus Compressor" had a cute UI, the front of it was a yellow bus and the gain reduction meters were the bus' windshield wipers.

Oh well. Put so much good work into a freeware plug-in, then people can't use it because of a silly ID clash? Seems kinda sad to me, especially when they are doing it just for the fun of it.
-Erik
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Starship Krupa wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote: Practically speaking, this issue comes up very rarely. It seems like most plugin developers are using unique VST IDs.
It could be that it's just that the end users don't know about it 'cause it's always the bedroom coders, and the expectation that the plug-in is even going to work at all is lower!
Hi,

Maybe, but lots of people ask me to investigate why their plugins aren't loading, and duplicate VST IDs is always at or near the bottom of the list of causes. Usually, it turns out to be the search path, 32-bit vs. 64-bit, etc.

Gre
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rhyman

Post by Rhyman »

liuflutvb'olj'pg;iyhck
Last edited by Rhyman on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

This three year old thread involved a little detective work, the problem was identified and a work around was discovered. The rest is discussion.

The only other thread you (@Rhyman) have been involved in was six years ago when you first joined, and it appears Greg provided you with an answer and a useful suggestion.

So whats the problem specifically?
Just in a troll mood?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page