Can't load VST3 presets (*.vstpreset)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

faloprati

Can't load VST3 presets (*.vstpreset)

Post by faloprati »

Hi,

In my Mixcraft 8 (64-bit, Build 396, on Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.1066), VST3 plugins run well, but they have no built-in presets like the same plugins in VST2 format.

I've read in the Web that the DAW must have a Preset Manager to load them, but I can't find it in MC8.

When I click on "Load VST Preset File" button, only "VST Preset Bank Files" can be opened -- *.fxb and not *.vstpreset files.

I've located some *.vstpreset files automatically installed with plugins but MC8 is blind to them.

Can you help, please?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Can't load VST3 presets (*.vstpreset)

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I will look into this and post here when I have some info.
faloprati

Post by faloprati »

Thank you, Eric!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you don't see any presets in Mixcraft's interface along the top of the plugin, see if the plugin has a way to load presets within its interface.

Greg

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
faloprati

Post by faloprati »

Thanks, Greg.

That case is no problem. A lot of VST3 plugins have presets built inside, like Voxengo Boogex, iZotope Neutron, all Waves, etc.

But a lot of other VST3 plugins use DAW resources, like, for example, Plugin Alliance Bx_Digital and many others. VST2 version has presets in Mixcraft's interface along the top of the plugin (it's a DAW's function), but VST3 version has not. The box is grey and closed, saying "No Presets Available".
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

And Bx_Digital doesn't have its own preset loading interface?

Greg
faloprati

Post by faloprati »

No, Greg. Its presets are exclusively in Mixcraft's interface along the top of the plugin. But only in VST2 version... VST3 plugin (v2.7) has no presets there (but they install in "...\AppData\Roaming\VST3 Presets\Plugin Alliance\bx_digital V2").

This happens with all VST3 plugins which have not their own preset loading interface. Mixcraft can't deal with this issue, apparently.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Huh, I wonder why it doesn't have its own preset-loading option within its interface. Lots of plugins do.

Okay, we'll look into this issue. For now, use the VST2 version of the plugin.

Greg
faloprati

Post by faloprati »

Thank you, Greg.

There's a lot of VST3 plugins that don't have it. Bx_digital was an example among others.

However, in Mixcraft 8 we can replicate the presets from VST2, selecting and saving the same settings as [User] presets in VST3 version. I've done it in some special cases.
heks

Post by heks »

Was there a solution for this?
I ask as I bought McDSP 6050 and found out afterwards you have to load the presets though the DAW, they are not loaded by default in the efect. In other DAW's I can load the presets fxp's fine using what ever "shell" they load the plugin in. But in MixCraft 8 I can only see fxb's to be selected no choice to select fxp's. I've try'd both vst2 and vst3 in M8 and the only way I've found so far is to select 6050's presets, is to load BC Patchwork and use that as a host. Have I missed another way to select fxp's in M8 ? :cry:
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Some plugins have preset files that you download and browse for them within the plugin.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You might contact the makers of that plugin to see if they could add a preset button?

I tried installing the demo and I didn't get too far. It wanted to put the VST3 presets into "My Documents" as if I was using Windows XP or something.

Greg
heks

Post by heks »

McDSP seem to be Mac lovers who make thing difficult for windows users. I found someone had converted the McDSP native presets to fxp and I can load them in Studio one, FL studio, MuLab and Samplitude using the host "load preset (fxp), but Mixcraft only seems to load Banks, (fxb's) . I wondered if the original poster problem had been solved, because I that seemed to be the same sort of problem.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It wouldn't be a problem if the makers of the plugin offered a way to load the plugin's own presets.

But I've logged a feature request to load VST3 presets via Mixcraft's interface for those plugins that don't offer a preset-loading option.

Greg
CrazyBulldog

Post by CrazyBulldog »

Hi @all

I use Mixcraft 9 and it seems that it can't handle vstpreset files.When i load my plugin there an option to load a preset but only in fxb format.But in my folder is a .vstpreset file only. :shock:

So what is going on ?

-Oliver