Feedback on iZotope Neutron and Ozone7

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Gedcoz

Feedback on iZotope Neutron and Ozone7

Post by Gedcoz »

Hi Everyone, I was just wondering if any of you use iZotope Neutron and Ozone7. I did download the 10 day trial versions awhile back and was really impressed. But I thought I would ask the Mixcraft community what there impression was of these two products. Thanks in advance for the feedback..Geddy
comedians

Re: Feedback on iZotope Neutron and Ozone7

Post by comedians »

Hi Geddy

There is an earlier thread here with the same question http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... on#p104331

I use both and so far no issues.
Doug6String

Post by Doug6String »

Hi - I've had both for about a month and use them with MC 8 and windows 10. I guess when you ask about our impressions, that can mean a lot of different things. I used the trial versions of both and then bought them (buy the bundle - you'll get more for the same price). So the value to you depends on what you will do with them. I retired from work last year (yippie!) and now spend 4-6 hours a day on music. I write, play and record everything my self (mainly a guitar player) and do it for fun (no bands, etc.). One thing I wanted to do was really learn something about mixing and mastering and these products seemed like a good place to start (even though MC has some really good tools I was using). As you know, between presets and Track Assistant, you get a ton of help getting a great mixed and mastered sound. There's a pretty huge learning curve, as you may have realized, in understanding the nuances of all the modules. I'm slowly working on that and it's fun because I have the time.

My dual core, i5, 8 gB ram laptop has struggled when I use neutron so I ordered a new PC just last week, which I don't have yet.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to try and help. I will be in the mountains hiking next week and may not have any internet access.

Good Luck!
Gedcoz

Post by Gedcoz »

Thanks Doug, Yeah I really like track assistant and the masking features of Neutron. It saves a huge amount of time and it gets you a close analysis of were your setting should be. I usually do some small adjustment but what a great tool to have. Yeah your new PC will plow threw it no problem at all. I had a custom PC built last year specifically for recording music. I had a project that had 30 tracks and my max CPU usage never went over 25%
Doug6String

Post by Doug6String »

Yeah, I always do some additional tweaking too. On your custom computer, would you mind telling me the basics for future reference in case mine still doesn't quite cut it or I decide to upgrade? Processor, Ram, or anything else you found that matters? Thanks!
Gedcoz

Post by Gedcoz »

Hi Doug, Processor and RAM are very important for a music rig. I Didn't spare any expense when I had this system built and wanted to make sure it was future proof for at least 4-5 years. Here's my PC specs.

Operating system - Windows 10 Professional
Motherboard - ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530
RAM- CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory Kit Model CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
HD - SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 2TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7KE2T0BW
Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12G-P4-1999-KR 12GB HYBRID GAMING, "All in One" No Hassle Water Cooling,
Power supply - 1 x EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-XR 80+ GOLD 1000W Fully Modular
Doug6String

Post by Doug6String »

In case you ever come back to this - thanks! I bought something very similar.