Melodyne not loading

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

J Gretch

Melodyne not loading

Post by J Gretch »

Ok so I installed Pro Studio-8.1 on my new Win-10 pro machine without a hitch, but having trouble when I install on my win-7 pro machine which also is running Pro Studio-7. When install is finished every thing looks good til I try to run and activate Melodyne. It doesn't show up anywhere in Mixcraft,,, well except for the (manage plugins tab) where it says

<unable to load> 2
ME 80 version 2.dll
Melodyne.dll

I have reinstalled two more times and got the same results. Can anyone help ?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Melodyne not loading

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Try this, using windows programs and features, uninstall melodyne.
Then restart the computer and click on your windows start menu and go to acoustica mixcraft 8. There will be a shortcut in there to reinstall melodyne.
Right click that shortcut and choose properties.
Then go to the compatibility tab and check the "run as administrator" box.
Now close it and reinstall melodyne by clicking that shortcut.

Once that is finished, do the properties/run as admin thing, to the Mixcraft shortcut too.

See if that helps.
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

Thanks Eric, I'll go try that right now.
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

Eric,
When I click on the windows start menu and go to acoustica mixcraft 8 there is no shortcut there to reinstall melodyne... Just wondering if I could download and reinstall straight from their website. Will the melodyne code that came with my purchase email work ?
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Mixcraft 8.1 pro(32-bit) and Melodyne...getting the exact same results. Mixcraft is not loading Melodyne. I went and looked in the VST folders and the .dll file is right there where it suppose to be, but Melodyne does not show up in the plug-ins list, and the <unable to load> box still says 2
ME80 Version 2.dll
Melodyne.dll

I would contact Celemony, but Melodyne will launch stand alone from the start menu.

Any help would be appreciated.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Manage Plug-Ins and put a check mark next to Melodyne, then click OK to save and restart Mixcraft. If you select an audio file and you don't see a Melodyne option on the Sound tab, quit Mixcraft, submit a support request, and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

I submitted a ticket with my log file and received an email with this link

You can check the status of or update this ticket online at:
http://support.acoustica.com/index.php? ... iew/304088

When I go here I'm asked to login to continue but the log in button does not work. Is there another way to check the status of my ticket ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We removed the log in because we weren't using that part of the system and it was causing confusion between the other log ins (Acoustica Customer Center and these forums).

Thanks for sending in your log file. Try going into Mixcraft's Plug-Ins preferences and clicking "Re-Scan All VST Plug-Ins." Do that when you're ready for a coffee break, because it will take a while. if that doesn't fix the problem, have you tried going into the Windows control panel, and uninstalling both Melodyne and Melodyne Runtime? If not, try that, and then install Mixcraft again.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

I tried the Re-scan and it didn't work. I also uninstalled everything Melodyne , and Mixcraft 8. I reinstalled Mixcraft from the link on my purchase email, then reinstalled Melodyne. The exact same results. Two plug-ins will not load.

ME80 Version 2.dll
Melodyne.dll

I really need to get this working before the weekend,,,please advise.