BUG - Aftertouch always 100% with VST3

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RobAsticles

BUG - Aftertouch always 100% with VST3

Post by RobAsticles »

Dear Sirs,

having installed some VST3-Plugins i have realized, that Aftertouch (i own a M-Audio CODE49) is not reacting in the expected way. Using VST2 Plugins (32 od 64 bit) Aftertouch is handled in the correct way.
With VST3 Plugins (e.g. Halion 6 or TyrellN6) the Aftertouch is not sent correctly to the plugin or to be exact, it is always sent as full Aftertouch.

I hope you can correct this bug as soon as possible because with this bug most VST3 instruments won't play correctly and can't be used.

Best regards
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: BUG - Aftertouch always 100% with VST3

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I will need some more info, I have no idea what aftertouch is or what it does.
Can you send a support ticket in about this?
http://support.acoustica.com
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Acoustica Eric wrote:I will need some more info, I have no idea what aftertouch is or what it does.

:lol: Love it Eric :lol:

(Note the end of this paragraph in Bold Italics) :)
"On electronic keyboards and synthesizers, pressure sensitivity is usually called aftertouch. The vast majority of such instruments use only channel aftertouch: that is, one level of pressure is reported across the entire keyboard, which affects either all notes pressed (even ones not being pushed into aftertouch) or a subset of the active notes in some instruments that allow this level of control. A minority of instruments have polyphonic aftertouch, in which each individual note has its own sensor for pressure that enables differing usage of aftertouch for different notes. Aftertouch sensors detect whether the musician is continuing to exert pressure after the initial strike of the key. The aftertouch feature allows keyboard players to change the tone or sound of a note after it is struck, the way that singers, wind players, or bowed instrument players can do. On some keyboards, sounds or synth voices have a preset pressure sensitivity effect, such as a swell in volume (mimicking a popular idiomatic style of vocal performance with melodies) or the addition of vibrato. On some keyboards - a good example of such an instrument being Yamaha's richly-programmable cult-status synthesiser-workstation, the Yamaha EX5[1][2][3] - the player can select the effects to which aftertouch applies. This allows a performer to custom-tailor the effect that they desire. It may also facilitate the imitation of various non-keyboard instruments. For example, a keyboardist who wishes to imitate the sound of a heavy metal guitar solo could use a distortion guitar sound, and then set the aftertouch feature to apply a pitch bend to the note."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_expression
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This issue will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting it!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101