How to copy clips to a new project?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Geoff_Hurst

How to copy clips to a new project?

Post by Geoff_Hurst »

Hi All,

First post here.

I have been recording some live gigs lately using a SoundCraft UI24R (awesome mixer / interface)
Usually I will dump an entire set into MC8, set some basic EQ, compression and verb and then dump it out to Youtube using the MC8 publishing tools.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_XRv9 ... afZWwT7YHQ

I've been asked to take some selected tracks and create a demo compilation.
The question... How do I take some selected clips from these sets and use them to create a new MC8 project?

I've been selecting the portions of each track I want and can mix them to a new clip within the project (ctrl-W) Nut I can't figure out how to move a bunch of clips into a new project (keeping effects, automation and other settings in place as well)

I'm sure I've done this before (I've been using it since MC4) but can't remember how I did this. Any ideas?

Geoff
Acoustica Greg

Re: How to copy clips to a new project?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Select the clips, copy them, then open another project within the same instance of Mixcraft, and paste. Here's a video:

Copying clips between Mixcraft Projects

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Yes Greg, that copies note data but it doesn't copy instruments or FX and although automations can be copied you have to set the target file up for each of the automation lanes in advance, which takes an age. What is needed is the ability to select multiple tracks on the left and copy all the information preferably in one go
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ian Craig wrote:Yes Greg, that copies note data but it doesn't copy instruments or FX and although automations can be copied you have to set the target file up for each of the automation lanes in advance, which takes an age. What is needed is the ability to select multiple tracks on the left and copy all the information preferably in one go
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Geoff_Hurst

Post by Geoff_Hurst »

Thanks Greg,

That's very helpful.

Being able to grab a bunch of clips and copy them, and their track settings, straight into a new project would be even better!

Geoff
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi Geoff.
In Mixcraft 8 would it not be as easy to use "mix selected tracks down to stems" and make sure no boxes are ticked under "audio Options". ?
This would provide you with tracks to import into your new project with all the effects, automation etc.
Ok so you will have to split the imported tracks to get the sections you want but am sure that is quicker than having to go through all the automation, FX, effects, EQ etc again.