Video Playback in Mixcraft 8

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MultiRingo2000

Video Playback in Mixcraft 8

Post by MultiRingo2000 »

Hi Everyone,
I've had mixcraft a while now and I primarily use it for film composition. I use the video player feature whilst writing my scores and all of a sudden it now freezes everytime I press play, in other words, there is no realtime (or any) playback at all. When I do press pause then play though it only displays a frozen snapshot of the current frame it was paused on until it is played and paused again, when It displays the next frame paused on, if you understand what I mean. Audio is fine and It had been working fine up until a few days ago. I have collected the latest updates and reinstalled it but nothing seems to work!
Please HELP!!!
Many Thanks,
Ed
chibear

Re: Video Playback in Mixcraft 8

Post by chibear »

I've been getting something similar in an MP4 video I've been scoring to. I've found if I play from the beginning everything works fine. If I try to jump in and edit somewhere after the 1/2 way point there are video issues. No freezes but lots of video stutters and glitches. I've been trying to pinpoint exactly where it begins so I can file a ticket but so far no success.

My only suggestion is to play from the beginning when you encounter those problems. Time consuming, but it gets you there.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Get it to happen one more time, then quit Mixcraft and send us your Mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Strativarious

Post by Strativarious »

Hi,
I had an issue with Mixcraft crashing when i tried to play any video file. Problem was the MSI afterburner with RTTS (riva tuner statistics server) that was loading on start up. Maybe is something similar. Also it can be a video codec. I use Mega K-lite codec pack with no issues. By updates you mean gpu and sound drivers also?. Try updating or downgrading your drivers otherwise. Generally, think if you changed any settings or installed something that uses the gpu. Hope that helps.
MultiRingo2000

Post by MultiRingo2000 »

Thanks a bunch Greg, I have done what you suggested
Ed
MultiRingo2000

Post by MultiRingo2000 »

Strativarious wrote:Hi,
I had an issue with Mixcraft crashing when i tried to play any video file. Problem was the MSI afterburner with RTTS (riva tuner statistics server) that was loading on start up. Maybe is something similar. Also it can be a video codec. I use Mega K-lite codec pack with no issues. By updates you mean gpu and sound drivers also?. Try updating or downgrading your drivers otherwise. Generally, think if you changed any settings or installed something that uses the gpu. Hope that helps.
Thanks that may be the case, not too sure whether its relevant, but I did update my graphics card drivers a few weeks ago.